Tiger6513

How long did it take you to finish AFF?

Just wanted to get a few opinions here, I got 1 jump in yesterday (level 5) and now waiting for 6 and 7. Started in very late in July. Weather this year has been uncommonly poor in Delaware where we jump(wind and clouds mostly). How many of you guys/gals have had a similar experience?
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

I think it took me about a month... give or take a few days...

I did AFF-1 on a Wednesday then a couple of weeks later I did AFF-2, AFF-3, AFF-4 on a Saturday.

Then two weeks after that I did AFF-5, AFF-6 and AFF-7.

That was back in the spring (March/April) of 2004... I did run into one of my AFF level 1 instructors this winter when I was in Eloy this winter... (I hadn't seen him in almost 4 years) I guess my other AFF-1 instructor is now retired and living on his inheritance (which I understand was a sizable ammount of money)...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

August 15th : #1 and #2
August 20th : #3
August 29th : #4, #5 and #6

No jumps in the 3 next weekends (mostly due to weather).

September 26th : #7
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

I was on track for one jump per week end on average due to the bad weather. But on jump #8 SNAP....and now I have to wait till next year. [:/] (this is where one of the ladies give me a hug and tells me it's ok)
IF any one asks me I would say take 4 days off and do it all at one shot. You forget so much and you loose that level of comfort which is so critical to being successful.

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Ha, I hate it when I double book. You know, schedule two things for one block of time, normally with out realizing that you have done it. Some how or an other I managed start my AFF program just weeks before Hurricane Katrina made land fall and shut down the airport, knocked out my power, and flooded me with more work than I could pass up for a while.

I hope we won't have to run elsewhere for 6 and 7 but (my girl and I) we started in West Point VA so we may have to if we get weathered out and Delmarva closes up in December. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that we should easily be able to get 2 more in (i.e. finish AFF) before the skydiving "freeze" out. Really would like to jump this winter... Live in Baltimore so maybe Carolinas somewhere???
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

I ended up waiting until I moved. I jump in Alabama. At the time I was at Delmarva tho, I was living in Annapolis. I know skydive Orange (in VA) was about the same distance from us as Delmarva... I dont know where you live, but maybe you can check them out. I really think you can finish AFF at Delmarva before they close. Youll def have to go elsewhere tho to finish up everything for your A license, unless you can finish that by December....