fmmobley

First Jumpsuit... should it feel so tight?

I just purchased my first jumpsuit. I got an "off the rack" jumpsuit. It is supposed to fit someone 5'7" to 5'9". I am 5'8". It is comfortable and fits snug all over, which is good because I fall slow.

The only problem is when I arch it feels tight as if there isn't enough material between the crotch and my neck. I am thinking that if it gets in the way of a good arch that is a bad thing.

I am not sure if I should return it. Do they usually stretch a bit after you have them? Am I worried for nothing?
... Marion

It should not pull on you like that....it was probably made for a shorter torso than yours. You are uncomfortable with it now...take it back and keep looking unless you want to be uncomfortable with it for a long time.

Never settle for less than what you want and need.

I am a good example of jumpsuit wants vs needs. You are familiar with my new jumpsuit. It is what I wanted but not what I needed. I've spent a lot of time learning how to fly it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I really wanted it to fit so I didn't have the many weeks of waiting for a custom job.

I feel your pain, but I personally recommend waiting for the custom suit... even an off-the-rack suit that seems to fit well is unlikley to fly as well as a full custom suit. It's hard to explain the differences to someone who has never had a custom suit, but I found it to be like night and day... everything was easier to do, crisper, more precise. Smaller jumpers, who need tighter suits, will notice even more difference (at least in RW).
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."