Damion

Rigging Abroad

i did some searches for "rigging abroad" and "rigging overseas" but couldnt come up with anything useful. what my intention is, to find out where else i can go and rig around the world. if there is a post already, please excuse me, i didnt want to go through all 274 pages in the forum. i will post more when i find more information, for everyone else feel free to put in your buck of five. :D

Hey Damion!

Where do you want to travel? Skydiving is a small world. Someone always knows someone, ya know?

So. Can you narrow it down a little, and I'll see if I can help point you in the right direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Officially, your FAA rigger's license is only valid in the USA and Canada. Officially, you need to earn a local rigger's license in every other country you plan to work in.

Practically, it is respected in a lot more countries. For some obscure reason, North American skydivers are held in high regard in a lot of other countries. For example, when I worked in Germany (1985 to 1987) it surprised me how many German skydivers by-passed thier local "Packers" to ask me (a lowly Canadian Rigger A) to repack their reserves.

well im looking to travel to the following:

New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Brazil and most of Europe.

i know in England it is not possible for me to do so. but i was hoping that someone would have information based on if the gear that i am do the rigging for is under TSO-23c-e that it would be ok no matter where i was performing the I&R.

well im looking to travel to the following:

South Africa

Nic, here's a link to the Parachute Association of South Africa (PASA), look under the documents section and find our MOP's (Manual Of Procedures) you'll find everything you need to in there. Plus you know you've got a place to stay when ya get here.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky