Nickkk

Custom Molded Earplugs

Does anyone use these?

Im looking for a place to acquire them, most sites say i need to go to one of their places to get an ear mold taken.

I tought i had seen one that you poured something into your ear yourself and then mailed them back the result.

Anyone know what im talking about?

Bueller?

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Yes it is!!! I did do a search before i posted but couldnt find a site where you made the impression yourself!

You are the man! ;)

Now, which to get... I was thinking these

JB1000 Custom Breaker-Vented Noise Reduction Plug (1 Pr)Custom ear plugs can cause an uncomfortable "plugged up" feeling. Our Breaker-Vented custom noise reduction plugs are made with a small vent canal that lets the inner ear breathe and lets the wearer hear normal speech. We insert into the vent, a "Noise Breaker" which acts to prevent hearing damage from extremely loud impact noises including gunfire, nail guns and many noises commonly encountered in construction and manufacturing environments.

You should see if that earplug is satisfactory against continuous medium-level noise of medium and high frequency - that's what I notice sitting in the plane. (Medium frequency engine / prop noise and high-frequency wind noise.)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I was thinking these

JB1000 Custom Breaker-Vented Noise Reduction Plug (1 Pr)Custom ear plugs can cause an uncomfortable "plugged up" feeling. Our Breaker-Vented custom noise reduction plugs are made with a small vent canal that lets the inner ear breathe and lets the wearer hear normal speech. We insert into the vent, a "Noise Breaker" which acts to prevent hearing damage from extremely loud impact noises including gunfire, nail guns and many noises commonly encountered in construction and manufacturing environments.

Good choice, most molded ear plugs that don't have some type of venting would be bad for skydiving. You don't want the pressures from ascending/rapid descent to F with your hearing.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

best place to go would be to hearing aid dealer and ask them to make an impression of ear like we use for hearing aids. you'll get them back in about a week, cost about 60 bucks. they'll fit sooo comferterable you won't know it there. if this is your first time with ear molds, it'll take you a few days for ears to get used to them..
They'll fit like a well fitting glove. they'll keep out sound very well.

I dont know about you all, but I wouldent trust pouring something into my ear myself. I had my ear doc do it and they work very well. My hearing is way to important to leave in the hands of someone like myself!
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Yeah after looking at what the process was i called an audiologist and got my imprits done today!

What kind of plugs do you use?

I'm not really sure what kind they are. I think they knock off like 30db. or something like that. My ear Doc was a friend of mine and he just took my mold and had them made. I haven't used them sky diving yet, and I'm not sure I would want to. I kinda like the sound of the wind. Anyone know about how many db. free fall is?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Yeah i ended up going to an audiologist and getting the impressions done... It looked like something that could easily be messed up by a non professional.

I love the freefall sound as well which is why i got the attenuating plugs, not the ones that block out everything. I can deal with some loss of volume knowing i am saving my hearing! :)

I would always worry about them meeting in the middle of some peoples headsB|

Ha Ha......I wonder if they would charge extra if they have to fill your entire head.

i remember someone loosing a custom one in the tunnel. is this common in freefall?
i rather stick with my cheapo ones if it is. has oneone else had it happen? just curious really.. i think the cheapo ones do a nice job.
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce