f1racer696

something to stay busy with for a while...

this will probably keep me busy for the next couple years. damn its exciting! haha been working on it for a little while now.

1961 Austin Healey 3000 MKII

im planning on doing a full restoration. gonna be alot of work!

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

haha yeah, im guessing maybe 2. ive been working on it for a little while already, got it all stripped down and sandblasted, now just working on patching all the rust in the frame and fitting body parts. ill post some more pics when i get them on the comp.

Dudeist Skydiver #61

some more pictures of the fun and clean stuff!

starting the fitment of the fenders and body. then gotta do some more metal work.

i did alot of the welding and patchwork on the frame but im gonna leave the fenders and body to the pros!

Dudeist Skydiver #61

some pics of pulling the thing apart. that was kinda messy.

i think i counted like 9 rat nests i found! haha. 4 of them in the heater system.:o

That's always the fun part. When I did the demolition of my kitchen a few years back, that including stripping everything down to the subfloor and wall studs, I counted no less than 4 rat skeletons stuck in the wall cavities. :D Yes, there is a thread with pictures on here.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Does that ever bring back memories. The first automobile wreck I was ever involved in was with one of those. Backed a large 1959 GMC panel truck completely over the rear end of it.:o:$:D Talk about a pissed off AH owner, he'd only had it two months and it was a high school graduation present from his dad.:ph34r::ph34r:

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

You're doing a first class job on it. Keep up the nice work and keep us posted.:)

haha thanks! This is actually my 3rd project. I restored a 1955 chevy pickup. And I fixed up my 1961 triumph TR3. The tr3 is pretty much my daily driver so I'm pretty good with SU's now. :)
Ill post some pics of both of those when I get home from work!

Dudeist Skydiver #61

hey guys, here are a few pictures of my truck, i finished this up almost 2 years ago. it took me about 3 and a half years to finish

its a 1955 chevy pickup. all 1994 corvette susupention and a '94 corvette LT1 engine.

its my baby so i thought i would share it with ya.

Dudeist Skydiver #61

hey guys, here are a few pictures of my truck, i finished this up almost 2 years ago. it took me about 3 and a half years to finish

its a 1955 chevy pickup. all 1994 corvette susupention and a '94 corvette LT1 engine.

Extremly sweeet work...BUT, (always huh?) whats up with the cardboard under the bed?[:/]

Extremly sweeet work...BUT, (always huh?) whats up with the cardboard under the bed?[:/]

haha that was before it was done. it has a wood bed now. but that was all just back there so we could put stuff down in the back.

here is the bed

Dudeist Skydiver #61