Amazon

Dallas to Seattle Scenic Trip

I have seen the Texas thread and thought I would give my little trip a shot.

I have a friend who is finishing up a contract in Dallas at the end of April. I am going to help them get to Seattle by flying down and helping out with the driving of the motorhome they have. We will have about 10 days before the job they got up here starts.

I know they have never been thru the Santa Fe region or the 4 Corners area and its been a lot of years since I travelled those roads myself.

I was thinking we definitely need to do a couple days in the Santa Fe Taos area and then head over to Monument Valley, 4 Corners, Arches and then up and over to Western Utah NV into Oregon.

Anything else along the way we should be checking out??

I have passed through Santa Fe NM and Taos NM on several occasions and it is very nice. Definitely worth seeing if you don't mind the detour off of the interstate. Monument Valley in SE Utah is also a sight to be seen and if someone is already passing through Monument Valley they need to stop into Moab UT since it's only one hour away. Plus there is also a number of other really cool things to see along the way. But I guess a lot depends on time, willingness to divert ... blah blah blah. There are a lot of open less than scenic spaces through parts of northern Utah and southern Idaho one must endure. Of course if the people doing the trip are BASE jumpers or want to see some jumps, stopping at the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls is also recommended. Once you get into SE Oregon, things start becoming very scenic again and I am sure you are already familiar with the Pac NW.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have a friend who is finishing up a contract in Dallas at the end of April. I am going to help them get to Seattle by flying down and helping out with the driving of the motorhome they have. We will have about 10 days before the job they got up here starts.

I know they have never been thru the Santa Fe region or the 4 Corners area and its been a lot of years since I travelled those roads myself.

I was thinking we definitely need to do a couple days in the Santa Fe Taos area and then head over to Monument Valley, 4 Corners, Arches and then up and over to Western Utah NV into Oregon.

Is Sasquash hunting with Jerry on the agenda:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Is Sasquash hunting with Jerry on the agenda

If Amazon wants the good Sasquatch, she will need to venture up north of Seattle and into British Columbia Canada. Everyone knows the best Sasquatch meat and the best Sasquatch pelts are found in Canada. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Is Sasquash hunting with Jerry on the agenda:)

AS I stated on THAT thread.. the chances of that EVER happening is about as probable as FLYING MONKEYS shooting out of my ass:S:S

Santa Fe head north to Pagosa Springs, CO (recommend Elkwood Manor B&B if ya tire of sleeping in the motor home), hike Chimney Rock, then West to Durango (if ya have time take the train to Silverton). Hit the Mesa Verde Cliff Dwellings, West to 4 corners, then west to The Grand Canyon - So many directions to choose from : either thru CA (death valley, Sequoia, Yosemite, up to OR), or via Utah, ID.

Sounds like an awesome time to be had!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

AS I stated on THAT thread.. the chances of that EVER happening is about as probable as FLYING MONKEYS shooting out of my ass:S:S

I couldn't resist asking the question.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

ROAD TRIP with Miss D....That's would be funny as hell to watch as an outsider:D:D:D
DD take her to the Canyon, if ya haven't been in a while, and dont forget Eloy:ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ROAD TRIP with Miss D....That's would be funny as hell to watch as an outsider:D:D:D
DD take her to the Canyon, if ya haven't been in a while, and dont forget Eloy:ph34r::ph34r:

Nah.. takin it further north.. I figure by May it will be warming up enough to hit some of the higher passes where the scenery is better. I have done the Canyon to death.. I have hiked across that sucker about 6 times , hiked down and back out in one day 4 times and floated it 3.( What can I say.. I dug the whole geology of the Canyon thing a tad too much)

I dont think my new rig will be ready by then.. my Cypres2 is off to Europe due to some "ANOMALY" :S:S sooooooo I am stayin away from any DZ till I have the new thing all put together. after not jumping for a year and a half due to the injury.. there is no way I am jumpin my little ass canopy.... because it does indeed "Make my ass look fast":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: