skydivercowboy

accident prone!

I'm living proof that if you want something bad enough you can do it no matter how long it takes. Keep up the good work and if you love jumping...then keep jumping...you'll be fine.

+1

I can vouch for skydivercowboy- he's not a troll. He's a student of mine and he's just looking for advice/encouragement. He's a great guy so cut him a little slack. He's been through a lot of shit and wants to become a skydiver with all of his heart. He's already hit some obstacles along the way through student status but he hasn't given up and he is finding a way to make it work. Let's try to welcome him into the skydiving community instead poking fun at him. I know there's a lot of mud slinging here on dz.com and we all need to have a thick skin to survive in the skydiving world. Try to understand that he's a young jumper and he's just looking for some serious answers.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

ok, so i have had a couple of people say they worry about me skydiving cuz im so accident prone!!! i just laugh at this and smile. but the sad thing is, is that its true! i used to ride bulls and i had to quit that cuz i got hurt to bad. january 29th this year i rolled my truck 4 times and walked away from it with 2 cuts on my right hand and a knot on my head from a dang wrench that was in the cab of the truck! and there is so much more than just those things but not enough space to tell them all... so i dont know what i should do.?.?.?

Fuck what other people say, live life hard and to your own drummer! let them sit at home watching Oprah!

Fuck what other people say, live life hard and to your own drummer! let them sit at home watching Oprah!

+1...which would you rather do, look back on your life and say "I regret never trying that", or look back and say "I regret doing that, it was really stupid."

I would rather regret something I've done than regret not trying it. Be safe, keep your head on a swivel, NEVER get complacent and keep safety top of mind prior to, during, and after every jump.
Dudeist Skydiver #0511

yeah thats true. i have alot of things that i look back on and say that was stupid, but i usually dont regret it... well at least most of the time. like the time my friend and i went down this huge hill in a shopping cart!!! B|

and thanks beth for having my back!!! see you at 35 when you get back from denver!

love that rush!

He's already hit some obstacles along the way through student status but he hasn't given up and he is finding a way to make it work.

That's called 'Life'...;)

And it's obvious cowboy isn't a troll, he's still here in the jungle getting comfortable...B|

He IS welcome, if ya don't remember...this is how ya do it!

Sure I'll send a n00b across the airport to get me a bucket of prop wash, but I keep an eye on him so make sure he doesn't get hurt or lost along the way.

Besides...if it's too intense, the 'touchy feely' forum is down a couple on the page. :$

I don't know kid-cowboy, but I got nuthin' but respect for his Dad...HE married a redhead! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm living proof that if you want something bad enough you can do it no matter how long it takes. Keep up the good work and if you love jumping...then keep jumping...you'll be fine.

I want to quarterback the winning Superbowl team. How long do you think it will take me?

After that, the Nobel Prize in medicine for my cure for cancer, and in Physics for my invention of a working perpetual motion machine.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Take a shot at the Bears...you couldn't be any worse than who they've got now, and if ya get enough help on the defense who knows...McMahon did it! B|

And as for perpetual motion, that would be 'coaching' the Cubs...;)

I want to quarterback the winning Superbowl team. How long do you think it will take me?

After that, the Nobel Prize in medicine for my cure for cancer, and in Physics for my invention of a working perpetual motion machine.

you Obviously don't want any of those thing ENOUGH:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ok well how do you do it lol

You see the url box to click at the bottom of the reply box...

Click it once then paste the link you want to go to then click it again...hit preview post and make sure it goes to where you intended then hit post reply.

For an example of what it should look like click the 'quote' above, as if replying to this post...

the link will appear with the url thingies in the right place ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDKLGv31vs

~B|

Ahhh, weather holds...nothin' more dangerous than a bored skydiver.
That said...there is a saying that if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. It sounds to me like you succeed, though, and then trip over the grass on your victory lap, so no worries! Regarding that "A" thingy...took me a whole year of re-cert jumps to finally get it. Best thing is to sell the wife and kids (not the dog of course) and stay current.
Good luck, ehem, well, hmmm, Blue skies!
Jeannie
can I borrow a jump ticket real quick?

the link will appear with the url thingies in the right place ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDKLGv31vs

~B|

That made me dizzy:|

Bastard:D:D:D

Not long ago I was visiting my Mom and my Godfather whose 75+ stopped by, he's a retired fighter pilot, current CFI, friend & mentor.

I showed that video and he was pointing to and naming several of the aircraft on the ground during the revolutions...my mom said 'how can you tell that far away while Jim's spinning?"

I said to her~
Once a Fighter Pilot always a Fighter Pilot...!
~Bob just smiled! B|B|B|