GQ_jumper

Need ideas for a trip through Europe

So after my buddy and I had a safari in Scottsdale, AZ last fall in which we killed the world's last surviving prehistoric moose, yeah it happened, don't judge! I had a pic but its too big to upload! We decided to do something again this summer and are headed to Europe. We are trying to put together our itinerary for the trip. So far we are looking at London, Amsterdam, Zurich, Budapest, Athens, and possibly somewhere in Romania mixed in there. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

My goal for the trip is an equally balanced diet of outdoor physical adventures, and indoor frosty beverage related adventures!

Thanks in advance everyone:)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Outdoor physical adventures in big cities? :)
I bet there would be a lot less visitors in Amsterdam if there was no hookers and no cannabis. Sure, there's old houses and channels, but that's not very unique. Havn't been to the other places you listed.

I'd add Paris to the list. It is by far the most beautiful city I've ever visited. I havn't been to Italy, but I hear Rome is nice.

I've always wanted to visit Prague, Czech Republic. I've heard it's beautiful, and that the pictures do not do it justice.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I've always wanted to visit Prague, Czech Republic. I've heard it's beautiful, and that the pictures do not do it justice.

The more I research the trip the more Prague keeps coming up as a place I need to get myself to. I just threw that one up on the list as well. I'm also hearing Greek islands a lot, I may have to extend my leave. Guess it helps that I've skipped the holidays for the last few years and I have 100 days of accrued leave waiting to be burnt up!
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

You may want to try one of the ideas I've long had, which is to travel through Europe reflecting Hannibal's route from Spain to Rome 2000+ years ago. Start in Cartagena, Spain, then along the Spanish coast into southern France, up through the Rhone Valley in France into Switzerland, through sinuous passes in the Alps, then from northern Italy to southern Italy, visiting the battle sites of Trebia, Trasimene and Cannae along the way. I'll probably do it one day when I have the time...either by bike and/or by car. B|

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

You may want to try one of the ideas I've long had, which is to travel through Europe reflecting Hannibal's route from Spain to Rome 2000+ years ago. Start in Cartagena, Spain, then along the Spanish coast into southern France, up through the Rhone Valley in France into Switzerland, through sinuous passes in the Alps, then from northern Italy to southern Italy, visiting the battle sites of Trebia, Trasimene and Cannae along the way. I'll probably do it one day when I have the time...either by bike and/or by car. B|

That actually does sound like a really interesting trip, not sure if I'll be able to do it this time but I definitely want to keep that one in my back pocket. I'm flying into London this time because I have a friend I want to visit there, so we are basically moving southeast from London.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

We have plenty of moose in Norway if you want to come.

Beautiful scenery with big mountains you can climb, expensive beer, and people who'll speak your language.

;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Beautiful scenery with big mountains you can climb, expensive beer, and people who'll speak your language.

;)

I was trying to throw Norway or Finland in the mix but I'm not sure if I'll have the money/time to head that far north, maybe I can knock Amsterdam off the list to make it happen. Overall I'm not sure anything good would come of a layover in Amsterdam, I have no desire to chase hookers and my career doesn't get along too well with the brownies they serve there!

Shropshire, unfortunately I no longer own a sport rig or I would've thrown Emp. on the list. I've made 1100 jumps for work in the last two years and my sport rig was sitting unused the whole time to I cashed it in:(
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

If you want outdoor adventures, go to Interlaken, Switzerland. I was there last summer and did a few skydives (the view is incredible), white water rafting, canyoning, and canyon swing.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

If you want outdoor adventures, go to Interlaken, Switzerland. I was there last summer and did a few skydives (the view is incredible), white water rafting, canyoning, and canyon swing.

Thats the kind of stuff I was looking for, thanks. How far is that from Zurich?
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

;)

And tunnels...don't forget the TUNNELS! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

;)

And tunnels...don't forget the TUNNELS! B|

He did say he wanted a trip THROUGH Europe now didn't he:ph34r:

Thats the kind of stuff I was looking for, thanks. How far is that from Zurich?

1 1/2 h-2h approximately
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM