JohnRich

Texas Indian Cave Art

From March 26-30 I was back out in the Pecos River area of west Texas. The occasion this time was to assist with some field hikes to Indian caves, for U.S. and international guests who were attending a rock art conference in Del Rio. My past volunteer work with the organizer of the local field trips got me in on this deal. I had the great pleasure and privilege of visiting six cave art sites in four days.

The attached file is the story of that adventure, with photos of some of the hiking and ancient cave art. This is an html file that will display on your web browser. When you click that file, it will download the associated photos from a photo-hosting web site where I've stored them. The photos average only 50k each, but because there are 75 of them, the total file size is 3.8 megabytes, which may take a while to load, depending upon your connection speed. Be patient.

Enjoy!

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to find my work from that trip to west texas on acid back in '98.

Where is it?

I did find a cave in the area that had scrawled in modern paint; "Black Sunshine", which I understand is slang for LSD.

Thnaks for the link from PM, but that didn't work either, i haev friends hoping to see this...but for soem reason all links go threw DZ.com...I told them , just join,,,B|

I don't know what's going on there. That html file is completely independent of dropzone.com, and only requires a web browser to display the story.

At any rate, have them copy-and-paste this web address into their internet browser:
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1866593/shumla-march-2010-html-april-19-2010-7-06-pm-54k?da=y

That's the same file, loaded onto a host web site, outside of dropzone.com. Once pasted into their web browser window, pressing "enter" should bring up the text and photos.