k-dubjumps

Does a layer of athletic mesh make a big difference on a jumpsuit?

There are a few jumpsuit manufacturers that offer a layer of athletic mesh (CoolMax or dryFit, etc.) as an option. Its a moisture wicking material. As a runner I know the importance and effectiveness of these types of materials. I was just wondering how effective it is in a jumpsuit with another layer of material (nylon, taslan, cotton, etc.) over it.

I know Liquid Sky has it standard on the entire jumpsuit and Ouragan has it standard on the body and optional on the arms and legs. There are others that offer it and some that don't offer it at all.

Now that I'm trying to decide on which jumpsuit manufacturer to go with, I'm just wondering if this is an option really worth getting.

What say you?
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

>Unless you're the type that walks around the DZ all day long in your jumpsuit.

Some of us do out of necessity. During a training day you really never take your jumpsuit off. You're either sitting in the plane, running from the landing area to the plane, in freefall, under canopy, or dirt diving.

I have it with my new Liquid Sky suit. I like it mainly because it seems to make the suit more comfortable than my previous jump suit (it was a basic suit no frills just something to jump with), and seems to keep the suit from sticking on warm rides up and on the ground when packing to make the next call. It's probably more of personal thing, but IMHO you won't regret it if you get a suit with, but its probably not an essential item, and could be duplicated by wearing athletic gear under the suit anyways.

Ya. right Bill, I did that long before you at Perris. (When you were still in the sticks down at Sandy Eggo hooking up static lines to floater bars, LOL) and always took off my jumpsuit between back to back loads . . .

NickD :)

I have it in one, but not the others.

It's nice, but not essential. It's a bit more comfortable on hot days.

I don't think I'd pay extra for it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>and always took off my jumpsuit between back to back loads . . .

Well, but back then it just meant unzipping those double zips and letting it fall off!

>When you were still in the sticks down at Sandy Eggo hooking up
>static lines to floater bars . . .

I resent that remark! We didn't have no stinking floater bars in our cargo door 206. I was hooking them up to the pilot's seat belt anchor. Much safer.

Now that I'm trying to decide on which jumpsuit manufacturer to go with, I'm just wondering if this is an option really worth getting.

What say you?

Phantom suits have them :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

What say you?

Phantom suits have them :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome