Pokerstar

Harley Question Electra Glide vs Road Glide

Contemplating a Harley, and I am looking between an Electra Glide (batwing fairing on the fork) and the Road Glide (shark nose fairing on the frame)

Anyone have any experience, pro's and cons?

Thanks!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

In my experience the ElectraGlide fairing seems to block the wind better, probably because the fairing sits closer to you. I also like the fairing/headlight following my handlebars rather than fixed.

They ride different, you should rent both before making the purchase and decide which you like better.

Then try a Fatboy and forget the fairing...

You'll find that a faring attached to the bike will push the whole bike in a cross wind. A large windshield or fairing on the forks will push the forks in a cross wind. Personally I would rather have the bike pushed then the forks, having the forks pushed is just flat out annoying to me.

Although there are many other things to consider, this is one thing that always resonates with me.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What is a fairing? somethin to do with Golf?

HA! Silly "real" biker, that's where your stereo, cup holder and heater vents are.
and cigarette light and ipod charger and radar detector, and CB, and NAVMAN and and and ...
STAY HOME FUCKERS:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It reminds me of something I saw on the way to a swoop comp a few years ago.

I was on a 2-lane highway in Texas and came up on a motorcycle riding about 50mph in a 70mph zone, so I slowed and passed safely. The rider was a women riding alone. On a newer Gold Wing. With a HUGE bag strapped into the back seat. With a side car...that was full of stuff...pulling a trailer!

Jebus women, perhaps a convertible would be a better choice if you have to travel with a house full of stuff?

I have owned both and I prefer the road glide. No, it's not "strage" that the headlights don't move with the forks; they don't on your car either. I can hear my stereo better on the Road Glide and I have much easier access to the storage cubbies while riding than I did on my old FLH.

To answer your question, I'll tell you that I have two motorcycles. One is a Vulcan 800 that has been posted here a few times. The other is a BMW 1150RT.

That should give it away.;)