jtval

Skydive advertisement.

There are three places in the world that I have heard any kind of skydiving advertisement on the radio or TV.

Australia had a TV commercial, Las Vegas had a radio commercial and I heard a radio ad for SD Long Island yesterday.
This is cool because I grew up on L.I. and I never knew the DZ existed until I was 19. Radio play would have given me an easier avenue to find the dz.

I'm curious how common this is.
Does one of your DZ's advertise?
My photos

My Videos

I've ran a few TV commercials over the years, but knew a sales man and got a pretty good deal. Still, don't know that it was a break even deal.

We try to send every student away with a warm fuzzy feeling and a hand full of business cards. It works!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Aggieland has run radio ads off and on over the years. Every time we have a radio ad playing, we get a lot of business from it. Same with the local magazine published by the same broadcast company that runs the "Best of the" polls for the area.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

our DZ did a billboard-advertisement all over about a year back or two; worked pretty well! :)

We did that too, forgot about that. Also game-day program advertisements for Texas A&M Football (games usually have an attendance over 80,000).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We advertize a little, no full blown TV ads but will put something on the cable listing channel, lots of brochures at all the tourist information centers, universities etc etc.

We usually participate in radio station contests...there was a "throw momma from the plane" contest this mothers day that only cost us 3 tandems and we got alot of exposure.

I just happen to be in the process of making a simple tee pee sign for the entrance to our airport...

There are radio spots now & then here in Houston...

The local free 'Heath' magazine ya see at the grocery stores in bigger cities,(pretty much ALL advertising disguised as a magazine) had a GREAT article on Eric Boyd of Spaceland and some of his accomplishments.
B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I've ran a few TV commercials over the years, but knew a sales man and got a pretty good deal. Still, don't know that it was a break even deal.

We try to send every student away with a warm fuzzy feeling and a hand full of business cards. It works!

THAT is the heart of making skydiving grow...

THAT is the heart of making skydiving grow...

tell 'em they can be jumping highly loaded (sort of) ellipticals in no time, and it will even work in europe! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda