PLFXpert

Whip It

Awesome movie.

I give it 4/5 stars.

I have been a fan of Ellen Page since Hard Candy (much like I "discovered" Angelina Jolie when I first saw Hackers), and count Juno as one of my all-time favorite movies.

Definitely worth watching. :)

Edit: And if you do not have a special, weird place in your heart for Juliette Lewis, I do not get you. :P She is SO funny to me.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yes it is awesome. Interesting back story on how it was written and I thought Barrymore did an excellent job directing it. I also give it a lot of credit for not ending like a typical sports story which would have been so easy.

Ellen Page is just cute as can be and is picking great projects.

As a "chick flick" I would rather watch 1 of these than 100 Nancy Meyers films (but I acknowledge that's probably because I'm not a 50-year-old rich divorced woman living in Santa Barbara).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Interesting back story on how it was written and I thought Barrymore did an excellent job directing it.

Totally agree!

As a "chick flick" I would rather watch 1 of these than 100 Nancy Meyers films

<--Not a fan of Meyers or "chick flicks" in general. Something's Gotta Give was pretty good, though.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Damn... and I thought this was gonna be a thread about Devo's "Whip It" hit. :|

Same here.:|
And Remi thought it was about S&M.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just watched it, and I think I'll give it a 4/5 too. And I agree with quade about the ending; I would have been disappointed if it was the typical sports story ending. Good movie. :)
And of course it brought back memories of being 18 and moving to Austin . . .

And I thought it was about Whip Its! You know, the little cartridges of nitrous oxide.:D:)

There used to be a little convenience store in South Austin called the Whip In. Along with the normal convenience store stuff, they also carried whip-its and whip-it accessories.

(I think the place is still there, but like most of the cool old South Austin dives, I believe it's now turned into some sort of hip/trendy place that has probably been written up in Rolling Stone, Playboy, etc. :P)

I just watched it finally. Easily 4/5 stars, and my husband liked it too -- plenty of nice-looking girls to watch :)

I was 17 when I started college, and trying to be an adult, and not always succeeding. This movie hit on a whole lot of points just dead on :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)