ntrprnr

RIP The Boss: Steinbrenner Dead at 80

Love or hate the Yankees, the guy took a team in 1973 he bought for $10,000,000, and turned it into a franchise worth over a BILLION dollars today.

By any account, that's f'ing awesome.

RIP, George.

You have to give George credit for always doing whatever it took to put a winning team on the field but he is the reason I quit cheering for the Yankees despite greatly admiring several of their players like Jeter and Rivera.

But it is definitely the end of an era.

He'll hire and fire Billy at least two times before they reach the Gates!

I couldn't recall but Billy Martin was the manager 5 times! Here is a gallery of all the Yankee managers under George.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The BOSS is Bruce Springsteen. Sorry, just saying....

As far as the GS is concerned, he did it his way, which was not always the best for the Yankees, the sport, or even for himself. I hope he got some clarity before he left us.

Why to people glamorize the lives of those who pass away?

The way people glamorized Ronald Reagan and all of a sudden had selective memory bothered the *F* out of me.

For whatever it's worth, that deal from 10K to a Billion had very little to do with GSs noggin and a lot to do with location, fans, timing, and technology.
"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson

The BOSS is Bruce Springsteen. Sorry, just saying....

Why to people glamorize the lives of those who pass away?

For whatever it's worth, that deal from 10K to a Billion had very little to do with GSs noggin and a lot to do with location, fans, timing, and technology.

No, it had to do with him seeing the value in paying lots of money for players that would win ball games, thus drawing fans to the stadium, thus making the Yankees a valuable commodity.

Strictly business talking here. I HATE the Yankees. I'm a Mets fan. The man was a very, very good businessman. End of story.

That cracker made a lot of African Americans millionaires," Limbaugh said on his morning show Tuesday. "And at the same time he fired a bunch of white guys." Rush Limbaugh

Well that changes everything for me! :)
Sometimes people are barometers in ways they are totally clueless about. I know I should ignore Rush, but he just brings out the anger in me.

"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson