millertime24

Any of you hear about this "spice" shit?

Why are they getting kicked out for it? Isn't it legal? Or are they using while on the job?

I've only talked to one person who has used it - someone who smokes pot regularly, and he said it was WAY stronger than pot.

Anyhow, it's probably safer than getting shit-faced drunk.

What makes you think that?[:/]

BOTH are deadly, if you throw in a car/motorcycle to the mix!

Alcohol kills way more people every year than all of the illegal drugs combined. I think a lot of people don't even realize that it is a drug.

Anyhow, I don't think I want to get on a soapbox about that.... Back to your regularly scheduled beer now. :P

Why are they getting kicked out for it? Isn't it legal? Or are they using while on the job?

I've only talked to one person who has used it - someone who smokes pot regularly, and he said it was WAY stronger than pot.

Anyhow, it's probably safer than getting shit-faced drunk.

What makes you think that?[:/]

BOTH are deadly, if you throw in a car/motorcycle to the mix!

Alcohol kills way more people every year than all of the illegal drugs combined. I think a lot of people don't even realize that it is a drug.

Anyhow, I don't think I want to get on a soapbox about that.... Back to your regularly scheduled beer now. :P

Hummmmmmm....Only oen reason..ONLY ONE

Alcohol is legal, so it is used more!

BOTH are fuckin Dangerous! Kind-a silly to put on blinders to either one!

I must be way to big a Sci Fi nerd, cause I picked up on this one immediately. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread name.

My first thoughts ran to Star Wars and spice smuggling.B|

On a serious note though it does seem rather dumb to pick up a drug habit in the military, its probably the most secure job (employment wise) there is right now and people are actually going out of their way to fuck it up?

Look at it this way, it's Darwinism. They are weeding themselves out.

Nice pun.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I personally don't want anyone working for me that is a pot-head and if this stuff is stronger that weed, I defiantly want them out of my Navy.

That sounds fair enough.

Do you tolerate heavy drinking? (Not implying that you do - it's an honest question.)

Alchoholics are not tolerated either. Nor Alchoholic incidents.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I personally don't want anyone working for me that is a pot-head and if this stuff is stronger that weed, I defiantly want them out of my Navy.

That sounds fair enough.

Do you tolerate heavy drinking? (Not implying that you do - it's an honest question.)

Well, being an alcolicic, and revovering drugmatic. I can standerund your pissitiom!

I will NEVER say who he is, But one of the top 5 best jumpmaster's I ever worked with, Had a joint for breakfast, and another for lunch "everyday"...HOW da hell he flew so well, and was on top of the students mistakes so well, I never could figure out!

Guess his body was just used to it...but he was right on top of his game every jump!

That sounds fair enough.

Well, being an alcolicic, and revovering drugmatic. I can standerund your pissitiom!

We'll take misspellers any day though!!:P

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I will NEVER say who he is, But one of the top 5 best jumpmaster's I ever worked with, Had a joint for breakfast, and another for lunch "everyday"...HOW da hell he flew so well, and was on top of the students mistakes so well, I never could figure out!

Guess his body was just used to it...but he was right on top of his game every jump!

Well in that case, I seem to do much better at most activities after a few beer (like bowling, stats homework, golfing etc). Does that make it ok for me to have a few before a jump with a new guy trying to get better at tracking? Just sayin.
Muff #5048

Well in that case, I seem to do much better at most activities after a few beer (like bowling, stats homework, golfing etc). Does that make it ok for me to have a few before a jump with a new guy trying to get better at tracking? Just sayin.

HUH???

I was only pointing out there are a few freaks of nature out there that break the rule of norm...How that hell'd ya get to your streeeetch?[:/] Tjis is not SC...peopel are not attacking each other..(I hope)

I've only heard two things;

1) The worm is the spice.

2) If you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm.

:o

Racist comments will not be tolerated!

Just cuz whit guys aion't got no rhythm.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I must be way to big a Sci Fi nerd, cause I picked up on this one immediately. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread name.

My first thoughts ran to Star Wars and spice smuggling.B|

On a serious note though it does seem rather dumb to pick up a drug habit in the military, its probably the most secure job (employment wise) there is right now and people are actually going out of their way to fuck it up?

Look at it this way, it's Darwinism. They are weeding themselves out.

Nice pun.

He's a budding comedian.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

my friend was recently put on probation, so she decided to start smoking "spice" because she can no longer smoke pot. of course i tried it. my experiences with it felt nothing similar to the high you get with pot, but if you smoke enough it really fucks you up. i didnt really enjoy it and it tastes like shit.

it was made illegal in georgia a month ago.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

As for the question that was asked earlier about tolerating heavy drinking. No, someone comes into work with a hangover once, I'll deal with that as a single isolated incidence, twice establishes a pattern and I'll refer them for evaluation by medical. As for the differences in my "tolerance", it is purely on an "honor" basis. The military has no problem with alcohol use, but there is a "Zero tolerance" policy on illicit drug use. The service member knows this when they join and agree to live by the rules that are imposed on them. No one makes them join and they join knowing that they will be expected to live by rules that far exceed civilian life. The choice to use drugs is not what bothers me, it's the choice to break an oath, forfeiting their honor, that makes me not want to be forced to rely on them fighting beside me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but to me a man's word is his bond. If I tell you that i'm gonna do something, then come hell or high water, I'm gonna get it done and I expect that of other people too.
Life is short, eat more bacon, have more sex and jump anytime you can!!