d_squared431

Who fucked up?

Fed ee, the company who sent the package, or both?

Yesterday we had a mandatory training session for EMR and fed ex left a pkg at the wine store which is next door to our office. The pkg was 10 vials of flu vaccines. No where on the outter box did it indicate this was perishable or needs to be refrigerated.

Did fed ex fuck up or the company who shipped?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

How's fedex supposed to know a package needs special handling unless the shipper tells them?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Exactly, but they also left a package for a medical office at another business. It says pharmaceuticals attention pharmacy on the label. I believe there is some guidelines for deliveries with medications.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Did the company put the wrong address on it?
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Fed Ex's fault. That's retarded, they get paid to deliver it to you, not to deliver it to someone close by and ask them to drop it off when they see you.

That's something friends or family do, you know? Like, "Hey, when you see your mother can you give her this book she wanted to borrow?"

Fed Ex is not your business' friend...so to speak
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

My family used to own a Deli. Two doors down was a Dental Office. Fedex would try to leave their packages at our store if the office was closed. I refused to let them. No one had asked us from the Dental office if we would except their packages and I wasnt comfortable taking responsibility for peoples dentures and vials for drugs. The Fed Ex used to get upset about it, but why should we have had to take them?
Dom

allright I figured it out...Deedy fucked up. That's what you get for going to training sessions:D

Fed Ex was intimidated by her man hands and giant middle finger, decided to leave it with someone else to give to her

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

No, it had ours and Fed Ex put a door notification that they left a pkg for our office at the Wine Store.

That means that no one answered your door, so they couldn't deliver it to the proper address. At that point, they have a choice of keeping it for another day and trying again tomorrow, or leaving it with a neighbor that you can go pick up sooner. Standard practice. Neighbors are usually willing to cooperate on such deals, except lawyers, who refuse to accept responsibility for anything.

Since you weren't there to receive these time-sensitive products, perhaps you're partly to blame. If Fedex had taken the package back to the warehouse, and tried again the next day, they still would have been in the heat for too long. After three attempts with no delivery, the package goes back to the shipper.

FedEx was trying to do you a favor by leaving it with a neighbor, from whom you could retrieve it on whatever schedule you keep.

That's the idea, anyway. I worked for FedEx for a short while.

Both Fedex and UPS leaves stuff here for my neighbors. We are a production house in an office building full of doctors offices. Since they are private practice many have unusual business hours. It's no big deal for us. We sign for it and then the doctors come by and get it. That way Fedex/UPS doesnt have to try multiple times and they get it sooner.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

tl:dr the shipper fucked up by not specifying the details about handling delivery prior to shipping

If special handling isnt in the SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS, it doesnt matter what is on the box itself (people reuse boxes all the time)

You can set up scheduled deliveries to ENSURE you will be present at the time the package is delivered. It costs extra, but if you really want to be sure you got it that and requiring a signature (from a specific person) are always good ideas.

My family used to own a Deli. Two doors down was a Dental Office. Fedex would try to leave their packages at our store if the office was closed. I refused to let them. No one had asked us from the Dental office if we would except their packages and I wasnt comfortable taking responsibility for peoples dentures and vials for drugs. The Fed Ex used to get upset about it, but why should we have had to take them?

Exactly. Only accept things like nitrous bottles then deny ever signing for them. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Anyone else think when they saw this title, "What did Bolas do now?"

Still a week till Couch Freaks. Might be a different story after. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.