d_squared431

RANT: What is it with people from NY/New Jersey area...

that think they can tell others what, when , how to do something, and then proceed to speak down to you. Makes me want to jump thru the damn phone and shove my size 8.5 ft up their royal asses!
(no offense to the NY and jersey peeps I have met) but you know the type of people I am talking about. After dealing with them I never want to to visit either place.:|

Let me put the patients with life threatening issues on hold so I can get your damn physical therapy appt which you dont need, scheduled. :S
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Keep in mind that the meaning you put behind certain things might be different in different parts of the country. When i first started working where I do now i HATED getting calls from NY, Miami, and Boca. I felt like I was being talked down to and brow beaten. However, now i just remind myself "hey...thats how they talk and do business." I gotta talk fast and push right back or else they will loose confidence and i will loose the sale. On the other end, when i talk to clients in other parts of the country I have to slow down and be WAY extra nice otherwise they think i am a fast talking salesman trying to pull one over.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Hmmm you have not been down there long enough yet...... to learn the proper vernacular.

Those who have lived in the south for a long time refer to them as DAMN YANKEES:ph34r:

I will remember that!!

Them Damn Yankees!! :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I blame it on a densely populated state. Rush, rush, rush or someone else will take my place and then I'm fucked. ;)

OR

Big fish/little pond syndrome. That's what I call it when I deal with certain law enforcements agencies and they try to impress me/bully me with their "authority" to get their agency first in line for certain projects. In the last month I've had to say, "This Joe Cop shit doesn't work on me. My Dad was a cop for 33 years and I was married to a cop. I know all the psychological manipulations and they don't fly with me." He almost shit himself. ;)

Always be kinder than you feel.

Hmmm you have not been down there long enough yet...... to learn the proper vernacular.

Those who have lived in the south for a long time refer to them as DAMN YANKEES:ph34r:

Well.... "Yankees" come down here, spend all their money and go home. "Damn Yankees" come down here and stay. They spend most of their time telling us how they do things up north and the rest of their time bitching about the heat and the leaves not "changing" (whatever the hell that means!) :)

it could very well BE the density factor, as luckymcswervy points out... the "metro NYC area" including
eastward onto "the island" and west s /west to jersey.. HAS developed a certain "attitude". if you will..

the trick is to realize that, while that MAY work,, around certain OTHER New Yorkers and New Jersians,, ( is THAT what you'd call them??) it may Not be well tolerated by those outside the area..[:/]
( when in rome do as the romans) But when YOU are the visitors,,,learn and adapt to the ways of the Locals,, where you may happen to be visiting..:o:)

It should also be pointed out that there are Tons of New Yorkers,,,, outside the NY City area, who ARE more laid back, ARE more considerite, who ARE easy to get along with, and who Do NOT carry that certain way about them,,,, which i SURELY do NOT endorse..nor practice...
please don't paint all New yorkers and new Jersyites ( is that what you'd call them ?);) with the same paintbrush...B|

signed a lifelong
'upstate' newyorker...:)

jmy

that think they can tell others what, when , how to do something, and then proceed to speak down to you.

Kinda like how you talk at The Shah? Is that what you mean?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239