jf951

low cessna jump

I jumped one at 500' once with a crw rig. We actually thought we were at 900', forgot we were on top of a hill....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

has anyone else seen that video of the guy doing the hop and pop from a cessna at like 400ft with a BASE rig?

can someone post the link
thanx

you are referring to BlakeM (base424) doing that at former Tahoe, the video is on youtube somewhere...

Now just tell them the name of the pilot, and the FAA will buy you dinner!:S

has anyone else seen that video of the guy doing the hop and pop from a cessna at like 400ft with a BASE rig?

can someone post the link
thanx

you are referring to BlakeM (base424) doing that at former Tahoe, the video is on youtube somewhere...

Now just tell them the name of the pilot, and the FAA will buy you dinner!:S

Pulled for music copyright violations by Sony...[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have several slider up BASE rig jumps from a C205 at 80kts from 500, 300 and 220'. at this point opening heading is a HUGE issue. below 300 an abnormally long hesitation and 180 degree off heading would result in fast impact with the ground. All of these were done at an airport over a grassy area.

-SPACE-

I have several slider up BASE rig jumps from a C205 at 80kts from 500, 300 and 220'. at this point opening heading is a HUGE issue. below 300 an abnormally long hesitation and 180 degree off heading would result in fast impact with the ground. All of these were done at an airport over a grassy area.

Yet......Would you ever rat out the pilot that let you do it?

I would not. Even though the pilot turned out to be a piece of shit, I would never rat out a fellow pilot for something illegal. Even though the statute is passed. It's not like I did not fly loads those nights either. ;-P

-SPACE-

I would not. Even though the pilot turned out to be a piece of shit, I would never rat out a fellow pilot for something illegal. Even though the statute is passed. It's not like I did not fly loads those nights either. ;-P

Perfect answer!

SU from220'?.....that is hardcore!
BASE 1384

yeah... not a great decision. but the memory is awesome. dropping from strut, throwing, and watching runway lights flash past for the 2 second deployment sequence... oh man...

My favorite was taking 2-3 second delays from 500' at 80kts. the ~220' was a one time, "oh... yeah... i guess that could be a bad idea" kinda thing.
With an on heading opening, it really is no big deal at all. but with even a 90 degree offheading, really scary. BASE gear of course.