soleugenio

dropzone.com is 10years?

I had made a mental note that Sangiro's register date was the end of October this year for 10 years. Sorry, I skipped over it.

Sangiro: Registered: Oct 28, 2000, 10:17 PM

Happy Anniversary, Sangiro.
Thanks for letting us stay in contact, discuss, debate, help our fellow skydivers, generate money for charity, etc. with each other all these years. :D

Keith

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

That is the anniversary of *this* version of the forums. There were forums before that. HH started Dropzone.com in 1994. In 2000 when I got on the forums, it was the old forum software. HH had this version running in the background until Feb of 2001 when it went live.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That is the anniversary of *this* version of the forums. There were forums before that. HH started Dropzone.com in 1994. In 2000 when I got on the forums, it was the old forum software. HH had this version running in the background until Feb of 2001 when it went live.

And there was one even before that, that a few people know about.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Dave,
Sometimes you gotta let the new guys slide. They only knew this portion of the matrix.

IBAD:D

IBTL:P

Sheesh. I remember when DZ.com was fun. How long ago has it been since THAT?:S

It was around 2004/2005 when it started to loose that really nice fun feel. Marked by tragedies in the DZ.com family.[:/]

I came on in 2001, so I may be a year or so off, all I went on was Sangiro's registered date.
So, again... Happy Anniversary and thanks, Sangiro.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

And there was one even before that, that a few people know about.;)

And before that HH and Twardo were sending smoke signals back and forth across the DZ...

Even then, they weren't allowed to place images inline in their posts!

Now, I'm confused... perhaps a history lesson? Whois shows the the domain Creation Date as: 25-aug-1997

HH had an early version as a blog on his personal site before that, if I remember what he told me while sharing a beer in Eloy back in '02.

94? He only started teaching himself HTML in '96: http://reocities.com/yosemite/4422/me.html. :)
Sangiro's Synergy.

Dave

94? He only started teaching himself HTML in '96: http://reocities.com/yosemite/4422/me.html. :)
Sangiro's Synergy.

Dave

Ding Ding, we have a winner. :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ok, there it is! I was off by two years. Thank you for finding it. :)
Man a lot of people have come and gone and come back and gone again in that time.

..and some have hung around that shouldnt of have.. B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I had a site in 1995 hosted by my local ISP, then I had daves-world.com back in '97 until around 2000 or so. Back when the web was new and exciting (and you could still find interesting stuff on Gopher).