J-Rock

Larger slider

Well i have a PISA Heatwave 170 i use in my birdman rig. I put about 200 jumps on this main and it always seems to spank the crap out of me. I had and H-Mod done to it by Joe Bennett when it had about 10 jumps on it and it seemed to slow the openings a little. Through video and especially footage from my belly mount cam it seems as though the slider is not doing the job. I heard that PISA made the same size slider for the 150 as they did for the 170 and 190. I like everything about this canopy except for the openings, heck my Crossfire 119 slider is bigger than the Heatwaves. I guess my question is, is were do i get a bigger slider made, are there riggers out there that will do it or can i get one from a manufacturer. Im tempted to take the slider off of my Crossfire to see if a bigger slider will help. Ive seen alot of pocket sliders of the Jedi's, Does the pocket make that much of a difference? Thanks for any suggestions, J-Rock

Im gonna need a bigger hammer....

Man I have a had a couple of canopies that I had to work out the openings so I know what you feel, and you can fix this.....

1. YOu can put a bigger slider on it but only very slightly.. It cannot be too big but maybe a 1 inch or 1 and a 1/2 inch larger BUT no larger.. To be honest I dont really know the tech of the reason why but you just cant..

2. Pocket sliders can cure almost anything!! The thing is that, they can slow it down way to much and it may take 2500ft to open if you put one on too big.. You have to have a rigger that is cool and will make multiple pockets for your slider to help you find the right opening.. this method will work!! still you have to go through a process deploying at terminal..

3.one thing I learned while jumping a NItron canopy.. I could not get the opeings to calm down or slow down. they were spanking me violently left and right.. so I kept rolling the nose and tail testing all types of ways to slow the canopy down while opeing.. but the thing is I had a guy tell me that I wasnt letting the slider do its job for the canopy.. the canopy would take too much time to open so the slider comes straight down the lines and when the canopy does open BAM your neck hurts like hell, I mean this all happens in a split second but it IS occuring inthe process of how a canopy opens.. the canopy had to open quicke enough to put tension on the slider grommets to absorb the opeing shock but my slider kept coming down before the canopy could open bec i rolled a canopy that doesnt need to be rolled.. some are made to be packed like that...anyways on that NItron all of my problems went away immediately.. it was awesome..
Make sure that this isnt happeing to you..ask a couple of other heatwave owners...
but still this may not work...I could not do this with my old Jedei..

Man the pocket slider will work!!!

Swapping sliders is easy, but choosing the correct size is complex. Start by asking PISA/Aerodyne which slider worked best for them in the long run.
Then you could ask your local rigger to observe you packing.
Thirdly, you could ask your local rigger to sew a pocket on your original slider.
Fourth, you could ask him to sell/sew you a larger slider. Any Master Rigger - worth his salt - can sew you a larger slider, but the challenge is knowing which size to sew.