Pokerstar

Vegetarians - the people equivalent of grass fed beef?

I tried the vegetarian thing about 16 - 17-yrs. ago. I lost a lot of weight but it was turning me against vegetables... which I really liked. I missed beef and pork! I gave-up the veggie thing and went to a 'moderate' type diet. My weight is still down and I feel good.

Chuck

Just spending some time in Southern California and have heard some pretty odd requests / demands / insults at local restaurants.

In one of the local restaurants, there are two servers who
are vegans. I came in for breakfast and asked for a
ham omelet and got "the speech".

My reply was, "If you have such a problem with people
eating chicken and pork products, shouldn't you skip
the breakfast shift ?"
"Just trying to educate people."
(Imagine how irritating arrogance is, when hungry and before coffee)

When the space aliens land, I am going to educate
them on how nutritious those two vegans are.

Just spending some time in Southern California and have heard some pretty odd requests / demands / insults at local restaurants.

In one of the local restaurants, there are two servers who
are vegans. I came in for breakfast and asked for a
ham omelet and got "the speech".

My reply was, "If you have such a problem with people
eating chicken and pork products, shouldn't you skip
the breakfast shift ?"
"Just trying to educate people."
(Imagine how irritating arrogance is, when hungry and before coffee)

When the space aliens land, I am going to educate
them on how nutritious those two vegans are.

I have several friends and relatives who are vegetarians. They're not oddballs; they eat "regular" stuff; they just don't eat meat. Some of them even vote Republican. (BTW, not all vegetarians are vegans - many do eat dairy products, eggs and honey.) It can be very frustrating for a vegetarian to go into an "American cuisine" restaurant and not see a single meat-free entree among the dozens on the menu. And how many times, at how many places, can you eat a veggie burger, or a cheese sandwich? Many restaurants give very little thought to the fact that some people don't eat meat. So.. sometimes customers who are normally polite people lose their patience and act out their frustration.

As for your vignette about the rude, proselytizing waiters, I'm certain that's the exception to the rule, even in godless, Communist Kalifornia. FWIW, I've never seen or heard it being done, or heard of it being done.

As for your vignette about the rude, proselytizing waiters, I'm certain that's the exception to the rule, even in godless, Communist Kalifornia. FWIW, I've never seen or heard it being done, or heard of it being done.

If you read the post that I quoted (responded to), it mentioned
odd requests/insults/etc. I was responding with my own story.
Context, topic, reply -how conversation works.

My fav packer is a vegan and one of the healthiest, nicest
people that I know. I didn't say "all vegans are raging lunatics", just two.
Typical single-volume response though.

Feel free to try to untwist your panties now.

If you read the post that I quoted (responded to), it mentioned
odd requests/insults/etc. I was responding with my own story.
Context, topic, reply -how conversation works.

My fav packer is a vegan and one of the healthiest, nicest
people that I know. I didn't say "all vegans are raging lunatics", just two.
Typical single-volume response though.

Feel free to try to untwist your panties now.

Are untwisted panties vegan, Or meat eater?[:/]

Cows-humans are the perfect example of s symbiotic relationship. They are an evolutionary success story thanks to their interrelationship with humans. There are no wild cows (aurochs were the ancestors of modern cows). Without humans to eat them they would become extinct.

Of course that is still no reason to keep them in terrible comditions, standing in their own filth, feeding them corn which they are not adapted to eat, and filling them with antibiotics to keep them from getting sick from eating the corn.

You just described Garden City, KS. Drove through there last June and decided then and there to "turn" vegetarian. Don't miss dead animal flesh at all but don't try to convert anybody to the "good, pure, healthy and decent side" either. :D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I'd explain to you how you missed the point in your haste to say I hastily missed the point, but that misses the point; and in any event, you'd just miss the point.

Why do you people keep trying to ram your untwisted panties down other people's throats?
Hell in a handbasket.