boinky

Have You Ever Gotten A Trophy?

Recently, I joined a bowling league. Last week, I found out that there are no trophies for the top teams. Only money. Yes, money is always a good thing. But you can get that LOTS of ways. >:( Other than having a trophy engraved for yourself, you have to earn one somehow!

This discovery made me wonder, have you ever won/earned a trophy? I mean the kind that they engrave, but I know there are going to be some smart alecks out there, so I tried to cover their answers too. ;)

Come on....fess up! Tell your story! This is your chance to brag about some accomplishment, no matter how inane you might think it is. And a chance to get a virtual pat on the back that you might not have received back then. B|
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Nope. Not medals for this poll. Just trophies....you know...the statue looking things that stand up and are engraved. ;)

Nina

Back in the day ive won swimming and baseball trophoes. And more recently ive acquired que a few paintball ones from various tournaments.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I have a bunch!:D

Baseball, Football, Karate, Motorcycle racing, Skydiving...

The best one is a skydiving 1st place trophy (plaque) for style & accuracy that I won at a tri-state meet while in college.

The meet was at the dropzone where I was working part-time, and when the 'trophies' came in I was the one who unpacked them.

The fist one I took out of the box was the 1st place plaque and like a doofus I dropped it putting a big scratch on it.

The DZO said I'd better either replace it or win it...Being a broke college student there was really one one option! B|

It's in my office, and yes the scratch is the best part on it! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I once got a trophy for participating in a "Bowl-a-thon."

I also got a trophy for beatboxing for an acapella group.

I don't count either.

My sister, on the other hand, has literally dozens of trophies strewn across my mother's home, ranging from 6 inches to 4 feet tall.
Come, my friends! 'Tis not too late to seek out a newer world!

Pfff...it doesn't have to be a mantle. It can be a bookshelf, the top of your desk, dresser, or anywhere else. The point is to take pride in your accomplishments! ;)

Nina

WTG! :)I'm not letting anyone shoot ME with paintballs. Those things HURT!! B|

Haha. Yeah they hurt in teginning but you really get used to it. I barely feel them anymore if im playing. My pride hurts worse. Lol
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Good job! Do you have them ALL in your office? ;)

No, most are at my mom's house...that one always meant the most, so it's traveled with me over the years.

It was one hell of a day, it was my turn in the teaching rotation so I was throwing staticline students as well as trying to compete.

It was a tight race all day and and I was always running behind but the other competitors were very understanding, on what was to be my last jump I functioned my 252 and had to chop. I thought it was game over but everyone said I could have a re jump on the accuracy segment if I went right back up.

This old guy lent me his rig and I dead centered a stratocloud that I'd never jumped before winning the meet...I'm still friends with the 'old guy'...Lew Sanborn, maybe you've heard of him?! :)

When they handed out the trophies the DZO told the story of my lil' mishap...I carried that thing around the rest of the night, Hell, the rest of my life! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sorry I missed this thread...:$

But another story, me and my wife skydive, (she is one of the originalmembers of Passion8, but had to drop out, "work":( )

But I have several Golds...she only has Bronzes...I teeeze her that if she polishes them, no one will notice!;)

Shouldn't this story be in the medal forum? :P lol

Gold, Silver, Bronze...colors don't matter. Good efforts do. Good job to both of you! :)

Nina