dragon2

BASE 1 - cops 0

How can anyone be that stupid???????

:D:D:D

I'll take Irony for 200 Bob.

haha got something you want to own up to? because it seems mr airtwardo has never done anything stupid in his life! haha :)

WOOOOOSH! B|

....is the sound that joke makes going over petey's head

no it was the sound of him deleting his post and then reposting it with a WOOOOOOSH
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

How can anyone be that stupid???????

:D:D:D

I'll take Irony for 200 Bob.

haha got something you want to own up to? because it seems Mr airtwardo has never done anything stupid in his life! haha :)

WOOOOOSH! B|

....is the sound that joke makes going over petey's head

no it was the sound of him deleting his post and then re-posting it with a WOOOOOOSH

I figured if ya didn't get the first one, the 2nd one would just be wasted! :D

I'll type slower from now on. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

and most young skydivers today will say BASE is something they'd like to do someday.

Nick - love reading most of your posts...but I disagree with this statement. MOST is pretty strong. I would wager that its less than 50% of skydivers wish to BASE someday. It would be an interesting pole if you could get accurate results...I bet its in the 15-20% range.

They are completely different sports. None better or worse than the other, but different, and there is a huge Risk/Reward gap...for me at least.

And the chest strap...DUDE!
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I see what you're saying, but I used the word "most" because I recall when it was "none" so to me it does seem like most.

NickD :)

I dunno...I think most watching something like Jeb's Year in the Life have said deep down...yeah, maybe someday! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I see what you're saying, but I used the word "most" because I recall when it was "none" so to me it does seem like most.

I dunno...I think most watching something like Jeb's Year in the Life have said deep down...yeah, maybe someday! B|

As a youngish skydiver that tends to associate with other younger skydivers I would agree that it is most. I would not say that most have a strong desire to BASE or ever will, but most do tip their hats to BASE and say that possibly/maybe they might like to try BASE later.

It's nice to see that the stigma associated with BASE is starting to disipate a bit as high profile jumpres like Jeb progress and shine more light on the sport.

The "old days" of skydiving have been romanticized a bit and the spirit of many of those stories (balls out, "no shit there I was..") tends to currently reside more (IMHO) in base than skydive.

Skydive as a sport seems to have developed to a point where if you have the desire, time, some basic athleticism and a huge wad of cash you can become a great flyer quickly... I don't (again IMHO) think that held true for skydive 30-40 years ago or BASE today...for those of use that are new coming into the sport that gives BASE a certain allure.

i am one of those who wants to do base someday. hope i dont have to wait too much longer.

Get more skydiving/parachuting experience. If you just want to do a recreational jump from the Perrine, well, go ahead. But if you want to jump different objects, you need to learn more. Reaction time, canopy control, and judgment is required.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto