skymama

For all of you who have been around for awhile

My divorce completed this year. But I lost two friends in the last month, and I found out my dad is a child molester. Overall, it's been a sucky year. But hey, my kids are only two and four, so I don't feel old. Just tired. Very tired.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Hey Andrea! Hope you've had a good Christmas. Divorce...ugh. It's hard. But I hope the Holidays are good to you, and Happy 2011 despite all that.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

'mama, you have come a long way, baby! I remember the soon-to-be-divorced woman I met at the DZ when she was even a newer jumper than me and quickly came to knew the woman you became. You have proven to be a fantastic mother, a wonderful person and someone who grows even more beautiful from muddy waters, like a lotus.

I will stay tuned to hear what excited new adventures await you. :)

"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

also lost his dog and almost his entire house on Monday due to his 5 year old playing with matches. I suppose all things are realitive in comparison to something like that!

I was visiting someone recently and he almost charliehorsed his calve and started to walk around--gets them often he said. I told him it could be worse; it is considered "normal" to get a charliehorse in the asshole. B| Seriously. :| Can you imagine that? I can't.

And so that is what I think about now after I get a charliehorse in my calve; I am thankful for it. :D:P

I mean, at least it is not my asshole; that would really suck. :|

:P
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

Sorry to hear the news of the divorce and home sale. [:/]
It's in times like these that the true value of friends and family shines. Keep that wonderful positive attidude and smile going and I'm sure the future will brighten quickly.

The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

I too have had an interesting past few years. House gone, wife ill, the industry in which I work in the tank. I don't post much but having read this forum for five years, my impression of you is, you're a wonderful mom with great kids and will come out of this just fine. Just continue to wake up happy.

>The twelve year old girl I had when I joined the forums is now a
>young lady and she's engaged! Feel old yet?

After college I met my first serious girlfriend. We went out for a few years, then things got messy, and one day I found out she had gotten engaged to someone else.

Saw her again over christmas. She has three daughters. One is a freshman at Harvard, not much younger than I was when I met her for the first time.

my impression of you is, you're a wonderful mom with great kids and will come out of this just fine. Just continue to wake up happy.

Aw, thanks! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't worry Skymama, you'll bounce back. Sucks about the divorce and the $70K sunk in the house. [:/]

My mortgage is underwater and I had a brand new kitchen and roof done for my house in the last 3 years, but at least my family is intact.

You still got us to lean on, and me to put up with. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skymama - My sympathy for the divorce. Many of us have been there. It is always a sad thing, no matter the circumstances. You will survive and prosper. I have no doubt. David.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Don't worry Skymama, you'll bounce back. Sucks about the divorce and the $70K sunk in the house. [:/]

My mortgage is underwater and I had a brand new kitchen and roof done for my house in the last 3 years, but at least my family is intact.

You still got us to lean on, and me to put up with. :P

I would think putting up with you would be a good way to put her problems into perspective.
Dealing with your shit would make any problems seem minor in comparison.B|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo