jtval

Mac Users

I just bought my first Mac.B|B|B|

I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

How do I batch rotate photos?
I tried going to "folder actions" and flipping but when I drop the pictures in there they move to the "flipped images" folder but they aren't flipped.

My civilian skydiving camera is mounted upside down so I have to rotate them all. Any tricks?
My photos

My Videos

If you view them in iPhoto, just select them all by clicking the first photo, holding down the shift key and clicking on the last one. Then hold down the Command key (the one with the funny symbol right beside the space bar) and press the R key a couple of times.

I haven't used any other method...that's all I got!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Did it give you an option to save after you rotated? I haven't tried doing this in iphoto as I am not a fan of it really, I use PS. There is Automator (robot looking icon)in your applications folder. You can choose this to be a folder action and then choose the "flip Image" or "rotate image" action or create your own action that flips, crops, adjusts color, etc when you drop pictures in a specified folder. Again, I haven't played with it much but I do know it is possible.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Did it give you an option to save after you rotated? I haven't tried doing this in iphoto as I am not a fan of it really, I use PS. There is Automator (robot looking icon)in your applications folder. You can choose this to be a folder action and then choose the "flip Image" or "rotate image" action or create your own action that flips, crops, adjusts color, etc when you drop pictures in a specified folder. Again, I haven't played with it much but I do know it is possible.

Scott,
Can I use the same PS for windows on my MAC?
I have to get office for mac but I thought I would have to buy PS for mac, too.

I didnt see a save option on iphoto. I'll mess with it more.

'twardo,
I may end up using your option.:D
My photos

My Videos

Scott,
Can I use the same PS for windows on my MAC?
I have to get office for mac but I thought I would have to buy PS for mac, too.

I didnt see a save option on iphoto. I'll mess with it more.

'twardo,
I may end up using your option.:D

No, you need Mac specific PS and Office software.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That only allows me to rotate one at a time.
I have thousands of pictures I need to rotate.

Welcome to the world of "I now spend more money on everything to do with my computer"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That only allows me to rotate one at a time.
I have thousands of pictures I need to rotate.

Dude, the automator will do this for you when you place the photos in the designated folder. I just googled this and found a podcast that shows how to use automator. It requires a few clicks to set up and what you want to do (rotate image) is one of the actions in the sidebar selection, all you have to do is drag and drop it and then let it go to work. It will do this every time you drop pictures in that folder once you set it up.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'll give it a shot, again.

Automator looked like it was just going to set up the folder actions.
I did that manually and it didn't flip the photos.

I will try it in automator.
thanks for the help.
My photos

My Videos

If you want the rotated files somewhere else ( I guess I don't understand exactly why you need the original file to be rotated), after rotating them in iPhoto, select all of them in iPhoto and go to File, Export and export them into a folder on your desktop or somewhere. These files should be rotated.

If the dates are important....I'll need to do some checking to see how to retain the original dates as I can't remember off the top of my head.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I just bought my first Mac.B|B|B|

I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

How do I batch rotate photos?
I tried going to "folder actions" and flipping but when I drop the pictures in there they move to the "flipped images" folder but they aren't flipped.

My civilian skydiving camera is mounted upside down so I have to rotate them all. Any tricks?

If you could

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3417024#3417024

:)

Select all that you want to rotate and open them with preview (rt click). Then you can select them and rotate. Then save and close. ;)

After Amazon posted to this I re-read your post. It worked but I had to go to the file bar and find the keyboard shortcut.

So If I open them in Preview. Hit Command A (to select all)
Then, hit Command L it will orate all selected photos left. or Command R to turn right.

But Jeanne,
If I could turn back time I would still buy a Mac because at that time my only other option was another vista computer.
Windows 7 was just coming out and I will never ever again buy a MS machine unless its been out long enough to fix all the bugs.

I still say "asta La Vista" was named properly because thats what I said to MS....

However, I am finding many OTHER frustrations with MAC.
I'm still holding my breath that I will suddenly wake up with the proper brainwashing and hail Mac someday....

Though I am about to let that breath go.
My photos

My Videos