ramplit

Hotel near Eloy?

The whole family is packing up and heading to Eloy for a week in January. :) I don’t mind driving an hour (which it is according to google maps), but if there are places closer with conveniences that would be great. Anyone got any feedback?B|

Thanks,

Ramplit

There is a small hotel on the dz that has some rooms with kitchens. They are pretty newly remodeled as well. I would choose that if don't want to drive an hour. Otherwise I think there are only Super 8 and Days Inns type motels around Eloy. Bare bones but clean and comfortable.

The whole family is packing up and heading to Eloy for a week in January. :) I don’t mind driving an hour (which it is according to google maps), but if there are places closer with conveniences that would be great. Anyone got any feedback?B|

Thanks,

Ramplit

If you want a place with a restaurant and a bar, In casa Grande, there's this place: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8736279048228937170&q=hotel&gl=us&cd=7&cad=src:pplink&ei=ChApS-PzOZCssQP6hsHfBw&sig2=8r8uPMeq6CdmHei2hRWrrQ

Eloy only has basic motels, which Skyrider Inn is one off since its basically nice team rooms, some with kitchens. Great for skydivers, not so much for families.
Remster

Thanks,

Ramplit

Check out the Legacy Suites extended stay. It's new and is right next to the comfort inn on Florence Blvd. The new(ish)mall is right on the other side of the highway and it's about a 10-15 minute drive to the DZ. Right now the sign says 49 a night or move in for 129.00 (I'm assuming thats for a week or longer).
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So this year, after a not-so-stunning stay at the Holiday in at Casa Grande last year, we booked a kitchen suite at SkyRider Inn and it worked really well! There's a Circle K about two miles down the road that we bought food at so that we could have breakfast in the room. The Bent Prop is a great place for food and drink and is within walking distance. The rooms, while a bit noisy between rooms weren't bad most of the time. While a bit pricey and a bit stingy with towels, it was a much easier solution that staying farther away.