ryoder

BillyVance; Your dog is ready

What a face! How could you abandon that face?

Looks like she found the perfect home. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What a face! How could you abandon that face?

Looks like she found the perfect home. B|

Awww! That is a WONDERFUL story. Very much the same story of my little deaf white girl, Bug (dumped at 5 months on the side of the highway).

Deaf dogs are actually VERY easy to train! They make much better eye contact with you and, of course, respond to hand signals whereas my hearing dog just looks away!

Looks like she is going to have a wonderful forever home! AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing Ryoder! :)
'Shell

I've always trained all my dogs with hand signals. It's really not that hard. Once they know what's expect of them, they will do it without the signal. Example: My dog knows that when we are out walking, the minute I stop, she has to go into a sit and can't move till I give her the signal.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I knew a guy and his wife, who were both deaf. They had a dog who responded to everything they said by their signing. The dog was not deaf. He barked alot, and they always getting him to stop ( I think they could feel the vibrations ). The husband and wife also argued alot. Nothing like a good sign language arguement.
Life is short ... jump often.

My brother-in-law (wife's bro) has had a deaf dog for years. The dog's in the twilight of his life nowadays, but with both of them being deaf, the dog knows a shit-load of signs. :)
I watched Marley And Me last night from Redbox. Not really related, but a nice story.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban