pookieland

HELP!!! HELP !!!

SKY DIVERS !! —HELP !!! – HELP !!! I was just informed today that ALL Argus AAD’s are NO LONGER ALOUD in the Sport of Sky Diving.. If you have an extra AAD that is not an Argus that I could use or even rent for a year that would help me out tremendously. But it must pass the Approval of my Instructor. So for now it seems as if I will have to stay on the ground until then which.. SUCKS!!!! … Email me at [email protected]
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

SKY DIVERS !! —HELP !!! – HELP !!! I was just informed today that ALL Argus AAD’s are NO LONGER ALOUD in the Sport of Sky Diving.. If you have an extra AAD that is not an Argus that I could use or even rent for a year that would help me out tremendously. But it must pass the Approval of my Instructor. So for now it seems as if I will have to stay on the ground until then which.. SUCKS!!!! … Email me at [email protected]

That's not quite true, they're just not allowed in most containers.

Good luck finding one though.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Once you have your A license you have the option of not using an AAD

As a student, and even as a licensed jumper you can still rent gear at your DZ
that has an AAD

If my choice was jump with no AAD or stay on the ground I'd jump with no AAD
__

My mighty steed

+1

this is a very personal decision.

Absolutely. Just stating that there IS an option once the OP has his A license,
which, at 47 jumps may be fairly close.

I prefer an AAD, but I was in a similar situation as the OP when I first got my A and made about 100 jumps with no AAD before I could afford to put one in my rig.
__

My mighty steed

that has an AAD

IIRC~ Pookie has some physical limitations that likely necessitate the use of an AAD, in the interest of safety he shouldn't jump without one.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

that has an AAD

IIRC~ Pookie has some physical limitations that likely necessitate the use of an AAD, in the interest of safety he shouldn't jump without one.

This is exactly what I was about to post.

Pookie, I wish I could help you. I will let you know if anything changes and I can.

I was not aware of that. My apologies for making assumptions
__

My mighty steed

I was not aware of that. My apologies for making assumptions

This is a guy with physical and financial considerations that would no doubt keep most of us from even considering Skydiving as an option.

If anyone CAN help him out, not only would he greatly appreciate it but your karma factor would go up incredibly! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Regardless of any extra limitations applying to Pookie, is it true that no US dropzones mandate the use of an AAD? A growing number of UK ones do.

I'm jumping without one at the moment, and it limits my choice of DZs.

From uspa.org

Aerodyne Research, Altico, Mirage Systems, Parachutes Australia, Rigging Innovations, Strong Enterprises, Sun Path Products and United Parachute Technologies have recently released service bulletins that withdraw approval of the installation of an Aviacom Argus automatic activation device (AAD) in their containers. Each bulletin states a concern over a possible issue with the cutter not completely severing the reserve closing loop during activation of the AAD. The bulletins are in response to three different cases of an alleged failure of the cutter to completely sever the reserve closing loop. Argus owners must check with their container manufacturer before the next jump to determine if the container is legal to jump with the AAD installed. Aviacom posted the following statement earlier this week: http://www.argus-aad.com/. Since the statement was released, they received the unit and are investigating further. USPA will continue to follow the issue and provide additional information as it becomes available.

Aerodyne Research
Altico
Mirage Systems
Parachutes Australia
Rigging Innovations
Strong Enterprises
Sun Path Products
United Parachute Technologies