skydiverbry

Replacement Sport

more of everything else - skiing, camping, rock climbing, traveling

we'd have nicer stuff because of the $$$$

etc
etc
etc

but it's a good sport still after all these years

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you had to give up skydiving what sport/hobby would be you choose to replace it with?

Bry

It would depend a lot on WHY you had to give up skydiving. Some reasons for giving it up would preclude a number of other activities.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

If you had to give up skydiving what sport/hobby would be you choose to replace it with?

Bry

It would depend a lot on WHY you had to give up skydiving. Some reasons for giving it up would preclude a number of other activities.

This is very true! I was just putting it out there as a generic question,kinda an over all feel of what most people would do just for the fun of it.

In my case I had to give it up because of a serious injury......so alot of what others here would do leaves me out.
But I do think I could handle something like Parrot shooting:P

:D:D

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

My problem is I have too many hobbies [:/] which is also why it took me so long to get restarted and be fully going again. Not sure if I would consider it a sport when I'm on the street but probably the only thing that gives more of a rush is a street bike, specifically a sport bike. It's generally faster, lasts longer, and more dangerous. A safer and slightly more legal option would be track days. It also costs more although you you can get away with similar costs.

Lets see... I'm also into cages, autocross is fun. Dirt biking is fun up in the mountains trail riding. Video games with internet friends. Was into R/C's before my Nitro truck was stolen. :( Still love to snowboard or wake board when I can. A few other things that take my time and money.

There is still plenty more that would be fun. The aforementioned Aerobic and Marathon Sex would be a great addition, or even any version that is more than single player. [:/] I want to learn Kite Surfing which would have low upkeep costs and have some good transitions to snow and land. Get another R/C truck and also learn my helicopter. Also got a guitar I have not learned yet. And on and on...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Marathon Sex.
:o

I sort of did,
Aerobic Sex

Yeah but what would you do for the remaining 23 Hrs 59mins of the day?

Anaerobic Sex? Step it up a notch?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.