airtwardo

How many Skydiving helmets do you own?

...and what kind?

I have 3 ProTecs, 4 frap hats, A Gunner and a SkySystems camera helmet.

That's a 1000 bucks in headgear! :S

Hi Mr T

Since dudes have two heads ;) I still have two helmets and I'm not even jumping anymore.

My frap hat was made by Mr Fugit. Maybe $20-$30B|

My bunny helmet was made by a US military contractor. Free;)

I kept all my skid lids in a USAF SG helmet bag with all my misc gear. rip cords, pull up cords, 2 size of spare rubbers , 2 alties, closing loops goggles, spare eye glass's. etc.

The helmet bag I have has a zippered main compartment and has 2 exterior pockets and at least two interior pockets.

FWIW they are available now in SG, OD, black and sandpile camo. Check out the army/navy "surplus stores" maybe $20 max.

OTOH $1k or 1k euro's for helmets isn't that bad considering the cost of jumping these days:D:D

Anyone remember the 5 cent chocalate candy bar now their 50+ cents ea[:/]
One Jump Wonder

WTF is a kite tube? Sounds fun...

I have done some dangerous stuff, but getting good at short-line (and long line) flying these tubes is one of the worst. right up there with fixed length parascending. (yeah, significantly more dangerous than BASE jumping). Carving is the most fun, but getting high is REALLY twitchy.

-SPACE-

I have done some dangerous stuff, but getting good at short-line (and long line) flying these tubes is one of the worst. right up there with fixed length parascending. (yeah, significantly more dangerous than BASE jumping). Carving is the most fun, but getting high is REALLY twitchy.

Now that looks cool.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Now that looks cool.

Sparky

They quit making them IIRC, too many knuckleheads 'burning in'. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Now that looks cool.

Sparky

They quit making them IIRC, too many knuckleheads 'burning in'. :ph34r:

And so they should have. I have flown only two of the models produced, and they are strictly big boy's toys, should have been so from the beginning. Significantly more dangerous than buying a private parasail kit.

-SPACE-

Significantly more dangerous than buying a private parasail kit.

Para sails aren’t dangerous. I spent a couple of years building them. What’s the worst that can happen?

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Parasail.jpg

OH YEAH!!!????:P

I did not say outright they were dangerous,. However, per your vestigial rebuttal, I admit that by stating that kite tubing is MORE dangerous than PRIVATE parasailing I inferred that PRIVATE parasailing is ALSO dangerous. I stand by my inference that private parasailing is MORE dangerous than the average outdoor activity, ESPECIALLY when done by your average overweight day-drinking lakegoer. FLYING in any way deserves a certain bit of education and respect, significantly more so than something like water skiing or non-aerodynamic tubing. My main point being that most of the idiots participating in kite-tubing did not treat it with respect, nor did they seek the proper knowledge or training that would be useful in participation. THUS, a bunch of kids broke their necks and died, and they quit making a pretty awesome toy. I blame the kite-tube manufacturers for selling an OBVIOUSLY dangerous ULTRALIGHT AIRIAL VEHICLE with minimal warning as well as no training requirement.

Anyway, SPARKY. how many skydiving helmets do YOU own?:P

I have two: an awesome pink protec that no longer fits (i chopped off all my hair and it was suddenly too big :(), and a Z1.

Yesterday, I bought a rock climbing helmet. We were in a bit of a rush so I grabbed the first one that fit. Turned out to be a $100 helmet. I mumbled and grumbled about it. But then I got about 100m from the store and realized that I spent over $300 on my Z1, put 15 jumps on it before we moved, and now it won't see the sky again for at least two more years B|