npgraphicdesign

You know you're not in college any more when...

1. Your salary is less than your tuition.
2. Your potted plants stay alive.
3. Shacking in twin-sized beds seems absurd.
4. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
5. You have to pay your own credit card bill.
6. You haven't seen a soap opera in over a year.
7. 8:00 AM is not early.
8. You have to file your own taxes.
9. You hear your favorite song on the elevator at work.
10. You don't get carded anymore.
11. You carry an umbrella.
12. You learn that "bachelor" is a nicer term for JACKA**.
13. "Extended childhood" only really pertained to your salary, which is little less than your allowance used to be.
14. "Twenty-something" means over-qualified, under-paid and not married.
15. Your friends marry instead of hook-up and divorce instead of break-up.
16. You start watching the Weather Channel.
17. Jeans and baseball caps aren't staples in your wardrobe.
18. You can no longer do SHOTS and smoking gives you a sinus attack.
19. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.
20. You stop confusing 401K plan with 10K run.
21. You go to parties that the police don't raid.
22. Adults feel comfortable telling jokes about sex in front of you.
23. You don't know what time Wendy's closes anymore.
24. Your car insurance goes down.
25. You refer to college students as kids.
26. You drink wine, scotch and martinis instead of beer, bourbon, Everclear and rum.
27. The beer you DO drink doesn't have to be what's on sale.
28. Your parents start making casual remarks about grandchildren.
29. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of Taco Bell.
30. You're on the computer more than you're on the telephone.
31. You no longer go out for something to eat in Pajama Pants and your sorority/fraternity/college sweatshirt.
32. "The Walk of Shame" is now that long walk from the boss' office back to your cubicle.
33. You're actually glad to hear to hear those two words you hated for 4 years - "LAST CALL!"
34. When you drink at a party, it is out of a glass and not out of a red plastic cup.
35. Everclear in jello just doesn't sound so appealing anymore.
36. When you attend a party, the main drink is not served out of a huge plastic garbage can.
37. You find that brief cases are more acceptable than the once staple backpack.
38. You have eliminated most alcoholic drinks out of your repertoire due to the fact that some bad experience was had on every one of them.
39. The only times you see your jeans and T-shirts is Friday thru Sunday.
40. The friends you're making now just don't seem to measure up...

Add yours!! :D:D

When your kids are in college! My son asked me tonight if I knew what Everclear is. Um, yeah...I had the Kool-Aid and had a very rough night from it before he was even a glimmer in my eye. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

When you don't turn the AC down to 55 when its too damn hot in your apartment because you actually have to pay utilities instead of thinking it doesn't matter the school pays it no matter how much ac we use.

How about you actually *have* air conditioning? When I lived in the dorms (only one year, actually) there was no A/C. However, we'd waste the school's utilities in the other direction. Heat was on for a fixed time of the year (October through March, IIRC). But in Virginia, there are often unseasonably warm days during those months - at that point we'd just use the window to make the room a tolerable temperature... sending all that lovely heat right outside.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How about you actually *have* air conditioning? When I lived in the dorms (only one year, actually) there was no A/C. However, we'd waste the school's utilities in the other direction. Heat was on for a fixed time of the year (October through March, IIRC). But in Virginia, there are often unseasonably warm days during those months - at that point we'd just use the window to make the room a tolerable temperature... sending all that lovely heat right outside.

I did that shit ALL the time in the barracks at Ft Campbell, (mind you, this was up until last December that I had to do it.) They regulate by month (not temp) when the ac/heat is on. We had shared thermostats, I would just turn mine off, and open the window. If it was cold, I would turn my TV and computer on for a little while.

Them plasma TV's sure do put some heat out!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"39. The only times you see your jeans and T-shirts is Friday thru Sunday."

you working the wrong job!

No kiddin! I make a DAMN good paycheck, and I wear jeans and a t-shirt to work almost daily. Sometimes I have to switch to khaki pants when I don't have any clean jeans :$
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

When you feel bad about using anything other than milk in your cereal.

I miss those days of questionable food choices when I could just say, "It's ok; I'm in college." That's really the only reason I'm going back for my masters :D I get to say I'm still a college kid! B|

"39. The only times you see your jeans and T-shirts is Friday thru Sunday."

you working the wrong job!

No kiddin! I make a DAMN good paycheck, and I wear jeans and a t-shirt to work almost daily. Sometimes I have to switch to khaki pants when I don't have any clean jeans :$

Yep, I'm on that train too :ph34r:
some sort of crazy liquor cheeseburger party

~ When you start thinking about gas mileage in terms of how far ya can go per fill-up, and not per $1.57 in loose change.

~When you don't need to call 3 friends to in on a dime bag.

~ When getting a report 'in on time' really means something.

~ When you find yourself spending money on previously considered unnecessary 'comfort items'...like bed sheets and reserve repacks.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

~ When you find yourself spending money on previously considered unnecessary 'comfort items'...like bed sheets and reserve repacks.

Pack of pencils is $1.00 at walgreens.

Pack of pencils is $1.00 at walgreens.

...and there was a little rubber date stamp on a chain at the post office. :):$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I did that shit ALL the time in the barracks at Ft Campbell, (mind you, this was up until last December that I had to do it.) They regulate by month (not temp) when the ac/heat is on. We had shared thermostats, I would just turn mine off, and open the window. If it was cold, I would turn my TV and computer on for a little while.

Them plasma TV's sure do put some heat out!

Except of course when you end up fighting with your roommate over the temperature and someone steals the knob....

-....you discover that the house next door is not the sorority that you regularly streaked.

-....you discover that there are more food options available than Ramen needles and Taco Bell.

-....you suddenly realize that sleeping in is no longer an option.

-....you realize that getting laid isn't so easy anymore.

-...when that hot coed you're hitting on calls you "sir".
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Except of course when you end up fighting with your roommate over the temperature and someone steals the knob....

Hey, he never did find it... even when I walked out of the room for the last time, there was STILL no knob on the thermostat. :)B|