lynxie

harness modifications

Sure. What do you want to do?

It should be an interesting discussion, but I doubt anything other than changing the sizing of the harness will be legal to jump without a manufacturer's approval.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

> I plan to buy a rig and modify it to fit me well.

We did that with Amy's old Javelin. Shortened the MLW by 2" and it worked wonders. It never fit 100% right (backpad was now too large) but it was a much better fit.

>Does someone want to discuss innovative harness modifications?

Sure, but be aware that most ideas have been tried at this point.

i'll pm you with details!

I think you'll get a much better response if you post them... :)
_Am

Yes, no need to reinvent the wheel, and some seemingly great ideas have major hidden flaws. We don't want you to repeat someone's failed beta test from 1975.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

i'll pm you with details!

I think you'll get a much better response if you post them... :)
_Am

Yes, no need to reinvent the wheel, and some seemingly great ideas have major hidden flaws. We don't want you to repeat someone's failed beta test from 1975.

Did someone say Greene star?

I plan to buy a rig and modify it to fit me well. there are a couple of problems i'm trying to find new solutions to.
Does someone want to discuss innovative harness modifications?

My policy is to always have repairs/mods done by the mfgr, and no one else:
- There will be no question about whether the repair/mod is approved.
- No one has more experience with repairs/mods on the container than the mfgr, so the quality will be top notch.
- I have had mfgrs do additional improvements at the same time for no extra charge.
- At resale time, a potential buyer will be a lot more comfortable with a modification, if you can prove it was done by the mfgr.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I plan to buy a rig and modify it to fit me well. there are a couple of problems i'm trying to find new solutions to.
Does someone want to discuss innovative harness modifications?

My policy is to always have repairs/mods done by the mfgr, and no one else:
- There will be no question about whether the repair/mod is approved.
- No one has more experience with repairs/mods on the container than the mfgr, so the quality will be top notch.
- I have had mfgrs do additional improvements at the same time for no extra charge.
- At resale time, a potential buyer will be a lot more comfortable with a modification, if you can prove it was done by the mfgr.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good point.
When I ran Rigging Innovations' repair department, I did a lot of free updates, Service Bulletins, etc. simply because it took me less time to sew than to write up an invoice.

However, now that I am an independent field rigger, I only do alterations that closely resemble factory work. In other words, my repairs/alterations look like factory work at arm's length.
For example, I waited for dimensions from Sun Path before I started repairing a frayed MLW on a Student Javelin. Dave Singer graciously e-mailed me the dimensions last week

My policy is to always have repairs/mods done by the mfgr, and no one else

i don't think they want to spend their time doing stuff like this, when they can spend their time selling rigs to people who want their rigs just as they already are.

-- "If you can dream it, you can DO IT!" --

That depends on the manufacturer. Velocity Sports Equipment, the makers of the Infinity, are pretty open to reasonable requests such as yours.

I don't know how willing Sunpath is to make the type of harness you're requesting. A friend of mine has a Type 7 fully articulated Harness on his Javelin rather than a Type 8 so It's possible.

The makers of the Inifinity have already made harness that are fairly customized. (Amazon, can you post a link to the Picture of your harness please) Mine was slightly different than stock as well and it came out perfect.

Talk directly with the manufacture, send them a picture of you wearing your current rig then state your suggestions and concerns.

Hope that helps
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Did someone say Greene star?

Hey, those were good rigs once you got rid of that unnecessary padding!;)

Hey, I actually did a few "live fire execise" jumps on those "mofo's" .Quite uncomfortable as I recall. @#$%%!#&&*$#$ uncomfortable padding!!!!!!!!!!! Grt rid of it yes/ no???????????? . No being the lesser of the weavolls. Who knew ................at the time????????

Mick.

Mick.