phoenix1

North Dakota Skydiving

Ok so I have a possible job opportunity in north west North Dakota. I have been trying to find a dropzone near there and no luck. I keep getting some random website that I am almost positive is a scam. Honestly need a DZ with AFF training as well as I am just getting into this sport, and my wife would like to join me as soon as she can after she gives birth.

We are both on the larger side so Tandem is out of the question I have looked into it. I have also looked into Montana DZs and they all seem to be central or western Montana so that doesnt help either. If any one knows of a DZ we overlooked we would be greatful for the information. We have used this websites DZ locator and searched online as well.
Thanks.
To those who can't and to those who never can again!

Ok so I have a possible job opportunity in north west North Dakota. I have been trying to find a dropzone near there and no luck.

See: http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/index.html

What do you consider "near"?

Drop zones aren't like gas stations. You might have to drive a ways to get to one. That's the way it is.

A possible option may be a Canadian dz depending on how close you are to the border. I know that the club in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan had a couple of regulars from somewhere in Montana.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I am willing to drive but the only one I had found so far was in Fargo which would mean driving across the state. A 6hr drive every time I wanted to jump would be a little much for me. Canada isnt a bad option tho i could look into that.

which city in ND? Let me look it up on Google maps and see which dzs, if any, in Canada might work for you.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Ok so I have a possible job opportunity in north west North Dakota. I have been trying to find a dropzone near there and no luck. I keep getting some random website that I am almost positive is a scam. Honestly need a DZ with AFF training as well as I am just getting into this sport, and my wife would like to join me as soon as she can after she gives birth.

We are both on the larger side so Tandem is out of the question I have looked into it. I have also looked into Montana DZs and they all seem to be central or western Montana so that doesnt help either. If any one knows of a DZ we overlooked we would be greatful for the information. We have used this websites DZ locator and searched online as well.
Thanks.

If skydiving is really important to you, then you should probably not take the job. there isnt shit for dropzones anywhere within a reasonable driving radius
of there...
__

My mighty steed

I am willing to drive but the only one I had found so far was in Fargo which would mean driving across the state. A 6hr drive every time I wanted to jump would be a little much for me.

There are five drop zones in Montana - how close are those?

The dropzones in Montana are between 7 and 11 hrs away. The name of the town is Williston, ND. As far as not taking one hell of a job because my hobby dosn't fit. Well providing for my family comes first and I can always not jump, its part of being an adult. It would just be nice to find a DZ but if one dosn't pop up I will always have vacation to jump on.

The dropzones in Montana are between 7 and 11 hrs away. The name of the town is Williston, ND. As far as not taking one hell of a job because my hobby dosn't fit. Well providing for my family comes first and I can always not jump, its part of being an adult. It would just be nice to find a DZ but if one dosn't pop up I will always have vacation to jump on.

I didnt say thats what you should do. I said if skydiving is very important to you, thats what you should do.

big difference.

For myself, I would not take a job in a location that didnt have a dropzone nearby. For ME (and many here I assume) its that important.
I dont presume to advise you on what your priorities should be.
__

My mighty steed

Sorry Chris didnt me to come off as a jerk there I had, had a bad day when I posted that. I know it sounded real bad. I really wanna jump and there is a DZ about 3 hrs away in Canada and that is more of a likely drive so. Hopefully I may be able to jump there. We would really like to jump but this is one of those jobs if u know what I mean man.

Just got a message from a DZ in Canada about an hour from Williston, ND now thats what I'm talkin about. I love this site. Thanks for all ur help guys.

Thats better. Now you can have your cake and jump out of it too ;)
__

My mighty steed