grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

What about the Sharks?
They had too many men on the ice for a little while. With the Wings, the guy getting off the ice didn't have or play the puck while leaving the ice.

The Sharks got away with quite a few things... so did the Wings. Like Babcock said; "We'll be on that plane to San Jose!"

The Sharks really got a deal when Chicago traded Niemi to the Sharks!

Chuck

I think the Sharks are toast. Niemi kept it close but Detroit outplayed them in a big way.

If the Wings move forward I think they will win it all. I really don't see the Canucks, Bruins or Lightning beating them.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

If the Wings move forward I think they will win it all.

I can't figure this out.......how do I 'Like' your comments on this site ? :)

Don

Haha! I wish it wasn't true, I'd prefer to see the Bruins or Sharks win the Cup....but just don't think it will happen. Lots of hockey still to be played though and anything can happen.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

If the Wings move forward I think they will win it all.

I can't figure this out.......how do I 'Like' your comments on this site ? :)

Don

Haha! I wish it wasn't true, I'd prefer to see the Bruins or Sharks win the Cup....but just don't think it will happen. Lots of hockey still to be played though and anything can happen.

This is going to be probably, the best game of any series in these play-offs! I just hope, the Wings don't let the Sharks get under their skin. Babcock needs to bench Abdelkador and Hudler during the third period. Those two seem to always get late third period penalties!:D

Chuck

Great Game! Thornton played a terrific game and Marleau likely saved two goals as well as scoring one....interesting to see if Roenick gives him some credit.

Conference finals should both be pretty good...I hope the Sharks can keep moving along.
--
Murray

Ahem.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

PLF: We'll be talking.

Don't tell me he has to sport the Sharks logo...again.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Personally, I think you should show him some mercy for the wings not completely embarrassing you guys...humility is a virtue.:P

btw, remember what happened last year? This could've been much worse than a sweep.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Maybe.

The best part about it, is that the original bet was simply which team would go further in the playoffs. And both years now, we have been matched up, so it has made it very fun.

I can't tell you how scared I was about loosing today. I was actually thinking about the details of the bet this afternoon, and wanted to clarify just in case I lost. That is how worried I was.

PLF is a good sport, and enjoys good hockey like the rest of us. Hockey fans aren't pansys, on the contrary, they usually drink more and talk more shit (not to mention get way louder at events) and I would expect nothing less of a guy like PLF than to man up, and hold to the bet.
If I showed him some mercy, it would be like saying " Man, your team really sucked this year. Because of that, you had an unfair disadvantage, and I feel bad for you."
As much as I wish that was the case, the Wings played like dynamite this series, and really showed some heart, talent, and class. They were a worthy and equally matched adversary, and watching these 2 teams play was quite a sight.

Basically what this means, is that I am sure PLF feels the same, and won't mind sporting the picture of a great hockey team.
:P

Lots of nail biting in San Jose.

Lots of whiskers in the sink and bags of golf clubs in Detroit. Just like this time last year. :ph34r:

Round 3. Last year it was the 1 and 2 teams - Sharks and Chicago - and #2 won. This year it's the 1 and 2 teams - Vancouver and San Jose - and #2 is gonna win again. President's Trophy Curse invoked. GO Sharks!

...and won't mind sporting the picture of a great hockey team.

As I do every year between Michigan football seasons......but for the next month I'll be sporting this one. :P

And we think exactly alike.....the winner gloats, and the loser pays up......no mercy given, none asked for.

I will say that in the 39 years I've followed the Wings, this is by far the easiest series loss to accept. Impossible to match any 2 teams any more evenly...7 one-goal games says it all.

My hat's off to the victors. Well-played.

Don
* Sentiment expires June 13, 2011.
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."