grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Am I the only one who hates VS hockey coverage?>:(

Chuck

It's better than anything else we get in this part of the country.

I guess. It's really sorry, at best. By the way... who the hell is 'Razor', the one announcer was talking about? Was he talking about Jim Sharp or a cell-phone? Those announcers are so biased, they stink!

Chuck

Sharkie fans are getting pretty nervous!

Nah. Not yet.

I'm hoping that JR's comments last night pissed Marleau off and we'll see something amazing out of him tomorrow. A game winner would be fitting.

No, no, not yet! The Wings are starting to make a series of it! A game 7 would really top it off.

Chuck

I'm hoping that JR's comments last night pissed Marleau off and we'll see something amazing out of him tomorrow.

Yeah.....like maybe a punch right in JR's motormouth. I never had a problem with Roenick when he played, but his remarks about PM were totally classless. Reminded me of when Jim Rome kept calling Jim Everett "Chrissie" during an interview.....after the 3rd or 4th time, Everett finally told him to stop, or pay the piper. Rome called him "Chris" again, and when Everett pushed him down, Rome crawled under the table and started screaming for security. Little mealy-mouthed punk. i haven't watched him since.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Unfortunately, the Sedin Sisters move on.

If there is a team that can come back from 3-0 it is the Wings. Could be a couple of very interesting games.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Unfortunately, the Sedin Sisters move on.

If there is a team that can come back from 3-0 it is the Wings. Could be a couple of very interesting games.

I think, you're right. Even though the Wings have 3 key players hurt, I feel they can pull-off a win tonight. The old story about the Sharks collapsing in the play-offs will be just that... an old story. this Sharks team seems to have some staying power. They actually out-played the Wings for most of game 5. As to who wins tonight, is anyone's guess.

Chuck

That episode launched Rome into the limelight and advanced his TV and radio show to the masses.B|

I think Pierre Maguire, Milbury, JR and some of the others should be fired. They suck.

I miss the calls of Gary Thorne, but not his pompous assed partner Bill Clement. Doc Emrick does a great job.
Watching hockey on TV in the states is lame.:S
NHL Network does a fair job of covering the games.

Yeah.....like maybe a punch right in JR's motormouth. I never had a problem with Roenick when he played, but his remarks about PM were totally classless.

JR played with Marleau. He shared a locker room with Marleau. He has more right to say what he thinks about Marleau's play than do any of the other talking heads. And really, he didn't say anything that many fans weren't already saying. If JR's comments lit a fire under Marleau's ass, it's all good.

JR has always lacked a filter; that's what I like about him. It's refreshing to hear something other than the standard party lines from someone who won't apologize for saying what he thinks.

He has more right to say what he thinks about Marleau's play

Disagree. Just because someone pays you to run your mouth doesn't give you the right to denigrate somebody else, although it seems to be okay in today's society.

I still love you madly though.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

That is the FOURTH FUCKING TIME the wings have had too many men on the ice and have not been called.

Seems I saw 6 Sharks on the ice for about 8-10 seconds, and that wasn't called either.

Game 7 Thursday ! It's on now.

And I would take Niemi on my team in a heartbeat......he has been a brick wall throughout this series. Absolutely stellar play by he and Howard tonight.

Don
It's a free-for-all."