grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Noone can say that the Canadiens aren't trying.

I caught the end of the game plus the two OT periods. Definitely a highly contested affair. Both teams had their chances to win the game in the first OT, but lady luck wanted to see the game go into the 2nd OT period.

I can't believe some of the things I am reading about the game (not here on this site). There are definitely some spoiled partisan fans out there. I doubt they are Leaf fans (Leaf fans are used to losing LOL) but some people are saying Horton's goal was a cheap goal, etc, etc, etc. Partisan morons. It was a shot from the point, a rebound resulted and a Boston player was in the right place at the right time to put away the rebound. That's hockey. Nothing cheap about that goal. Keep your stick on the ice and go to the net. That's what they have been telling kids for eons.

BTW ... it ain't over until it's over. Go Habs Go.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I caught the end of the game plus the two OT periods. Definitely a highly contested affair. Both teams had their chances to win the game in the first OT, but lady luck wanted to see the game go into the 2nd OT period.

I can't believe some of the things I am reading about the game (not here on this site). There are definitely some spoiled partisan fans out there. I doubt they are Leaf fans (Leaf fans are used to losing LOL) but some people are saying Horton's goal was a cheap goal, etc, etc, etc. Partisan morons. It was a shot from the point, a rebound resulted and a Boston player was in the right place at the right time to put away the rebound. That's hockey. Nothing cheap about that goal. Keep your stick on the ice and go to the net. That's what they have been telling kids for eons.

BTW ... it ain't over until it's over. Go Habs Go.

That comes with the territory... partisan-ism... conspiracy theories and so-on. What really bothers me is, with all the video and viewers able to replay games on their t.v.'s, they will relate what happened completely opposite to what really happened. I didn't watch the game but from what you say, it was a fair and square goal. That's hockey. As for the Habs, I really believe, they can pull it out and win the series. It's been too long!
This is just a tough play-offs, throughout the League. It's all the parity brought about by Gary Bettman. I'm of the opinion, the salary cap is really messing things up throughout the League. I really do wish, Bettman would be replaced. I can't stand that little weasel with the Napoleonic complex.

Chuck

That goal by Boston, last night, reminds me of the 'infamous' Brett Hull goal that beat the Red Wings in the play-offs a few years ago in extra over-time. To this day, Hull refuses to discuss it. He knew it, the refs knew it was a bad 'goal'. I think, the refs just wanted to end the game and go home. Too bad there was no 'review' back then.

Chuck

That goal by Boston, last night, reminds me of the 'infamous' Brett Hull goal that beat the Red Wings in the play-offs a few years ago in extra over-time. To this day, Hull refuses to discuss it. He knew it, the refs knew it was a bad 'goal'. I think, the refs just wanted to end the game and go home. Too bad there was no 'review' back then.

Chuck

Well that depends on how you interpret the rules. There is no denying Hull's skate was in the crease. The rules at the time said "no skates in the cease". If you want to be strict, then yes the goal should not have been allowed. But from a hockey point of view, it was a goal. He kicked the puck to his stick and shot the puck in the net. Go back in any time in hockey history and this goal is allowed. It was only during this time frame where the league had this strict "no skates in the crease" rule where it was questioned. If anything good that came from that goal, was that the NHL came to their senses and modified the rule.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Horton's goal. Habs were robbed by Thomas shortly before and in regulation a couple of times...most notably by Ryder I think it was who made a glove save on a
int blank shot when Thomas was down and out. All I can hope for now is a Game Seven.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Like one of the announcers said...the Flyers are vampires, you have to put a stake through their heart to kill them. I hope Ryan Miller can play one of his super exceptional games and the Sabres can pull off the upset.

Congrats to the Predators for winning their first ever playoff series. It was a very exciting game that I managed to watch most of. On a sad note, that may be the last game played by Teemu Selanne, one of the classiest and most exciting players of the last 20 years. He can still play...he had 6 goals in the series...but it could be the end of the road for him.

Chicago-Vancouver tied at 2 in the second. Go Hawks!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Good for the Preds. That's probably who the Wings will face. I hope,the Wings can do better against them than they did in the regular season.

Geeze... another over-time game. Chicago is headed that way. I'd really like to see Chicago put Vancouver away. We'll see!

Hawks win ... game #7 here we come.

Ya' beat me to it! :D Persistance, does pay off!

Chuck

Looks like the Canucks have no choice but to start Luongo. I haven't heard but it sure looked like Schneider has a serious leg injury. After losing the start and then coming in to lose the game I wonder about his confidence. I've always felt Luongo was pver-rated and these playoffs haven't shown me anything to make me change my mind.

Should be good one!
--
Murray

Hawks win ... game #7 here we come.

Ya' beat me to it! :D Persistance, does pay off!

Chuck

Looks like the Canucks have no choice but to start Luongo. I haven't heard but it sure looked like Schneider has a serious leg injury. After losing the start and then coming in to lose the game I wonder about his confidence. I've always felt Luongo was pver-rated and these playoffs haven't shown me anything to make me change my mind.

Should be good one!

Seems like, Luongo is good in short bursts but not the long-haul. The Blackhawks seem to have more for the long-haul. Tonight, Chicago didn't seem cohesive. Sloppy passes and give-aways but they pulled-out a win. They just might have the Canucks on their heels.

Chuck

As for the Habs, I really believe, they can pull it out and win the series. It's been too long!

Chuck

Too long since what? They made to the 3rd round last year!

Oh and I am pretty sure that Hull goal was vs. the Sabres in 1999, hell of a game!

As for the Habs, I really believe, they can pull it out and win the series. It's been too long!

Chuck

Too long since what? They made to the 3rd round last year!

Oh and I am pretty sure that Hull goal was vs. the Sabres in 1999, hell of a game!

I was referring to the Habs winning The Cup. Also, that 'questionable goal was Dallas v Detroit in the 4th. round.

Chuck

that 'questionable goal was Dallas v Detroit in the 4th. round.

I thought the Hull goal you were talking about was the one in the finals, in OT, versus the Sabres, that won the Cup for the Stars. This is the one where by a fraction of an inch Hull's left skate was in the crease as he shot the puck into the net to win the Cup. From a pure hockey point of view I see no problem calling this a goal. But if one wants to strictly interpret the rules, Hull's skate was in the crease and the goal should have been called back. Definitely a controversial time in NHL history.

I have been searching for the goal Hull scored against the Wings that he will not talk about that won the Stars that series. It happened about the 3rd. over-time. The re-play showed it was not a goal and the ref called it a goal. I'm trying to find the year and series round. No luck yet. Hull did have a 'questionable' goal against Buffalo in 1999.

Chuck