amstalder

My chocolate went bad

And why do I feel like I know where you're going with that sly face?

:)

Nothing better to do in Korea? ;)

Seriously there is something in the water here. It seems you either get preggers when you move here, or you get the fever B|

Scary place.

That's strange. My A-10 pilot buddy Darrell managed to spend a couple years there and didn't get anything in the oven... That we know of! lol
Remster

And why do I feel like I know where you're going with that sly face?

Seriously there is something in the water here. It seems you either get preggers when you move here, or you get the fever B|

Scary place.

That's strange. My A-10 pilot buddy Darrell managed to spend a couple years there and didn't get anything in the oven... That we know of! lol

Perhaps it's just my neighborhood [:/]

Sigh. It's just a sign of the times. More and more, everything in the States is "Made in Korea."

:P

Elvisio "where do they put the little tag on the baby?" Rodriguez

:( How does that even happen??? It's all crumbly and separated and gross.

It's my nice chocolate that I just bought, too. I'm afraid to go check out the other bar. I hope that one didn't turn craptastic too.

it's been my experience that good chocolate is very hard to find in Asia
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's my nice chocolate that I just bought, too. I'm afraid to go check out the other bar. I hope that one didn't turn craptastic too.

Yeah, I bought this on post though [:/] Never mind. There's my answer.

As a fellow chocolate lover, I'd be happy to send you a care package of your favorite chocolates from the states.

I'm wondering if it would melt though. Anyone have any experience with shipping chocolate? Does it work?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I bought this on post though [:/] Never mind. There's my answer.
hey name sake do you need TIM TAMS :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Amusing story on a chocolate bar melting:

The specific heating effect of a beam of high-power microwaves was discovered accidentally in 1945, shortly after high-powered microwave radar transmitters were developed and widely disseminated by the Allies of World War II, using magnetron technology. Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine, was working at the time building magnetrons for radar sets, with the American company Raytheon. He was working on an active radar set when he noticed that a Mr. Goodbar he had in his pocket started to melt. The radar had melted his chocolate bar with microwaves.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As a fellow chocolate lover, I'd be happy to send you a care package of your favorite chocolates from the states.

I'm wondering if it would melt though. Anyone have any experience with shipping chocolate? Does it work?

Skymama, you are such a sweetheart :)
Although, as a new wine discoverer, if you could send me a list of your favorite wines, I would appreciate it (I know I've read about your love of wine before, and if I haven't please ignore this request!) :)

Off to google TIM TAMS....

Woah, those look yummy!

Amusing story on a chocolate bar melting:

I always thought that was a cool story :)

Off to google TIM TAMS....

Woah, those look yummy!

is that a yes, if so PM your details nad I'll send you some:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yet lately all I want to eat is dark chocolate. It's bizarre.

Any other strange changes in food preferences? :ph34r:

Well my tastes have always been strange (for instance I can go weeks eating only Thai food -- currently trying to control that binge).

The Thai food thing is neither strange nor something to be controlled. Since I really started messing w/ making Thai food I had eaten little else.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

yet lately all I want to eat is dark chocolate. It's bizarre.

Any other strange changes in food preferences? :ph34r:

Well my tastes have always been strange (for instance I can go weeks eating only Thai food -- currently trying to control that binge).

The Thai food thing is neither strange nor something to be controlled. Since I really started messing w/ making Thai food I had eaten little else.

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to call Thai food strange by any means :$

What I meant is eating habits are strange. I tend to eat only a small handful of variety for months at a time. Last spring it was pizza from a particular restaurant, and there was a point I wanted breakfast burritos with salami all the time. Until I learn how to make pad Thai, yeah, my Thai cravings definitely need to be controlled. Gets expensive eating out all the time.

Are you using a particular recipe book or are you just using the internet for recipes?