KCJumper

Headed to Utah

I'm headed to Utah next Thursday to run Top of Utah Marathon on Saturday but figured I would try and get a couple of jumps in on Friday at Skydive Odgen. Trying to find a few people to jump with/someone who might have gear I can rent/borrow. Not wanting to travel gear on plane if I don't have to.

PM me if you are in the area.

Alright that was poorly worded. I am renting gear when I get there.
Not sure I will have time to jump and instead of putting my gear through the paces of TSA.

It's not a lazy issue. This trip is about running a Marathon not skydiving. If i'm there and find time then I wanted someone to jump with.

Thanks for the assumptions.

"Not wanting to travel gear on plane if I don't have to."

Lazy was a polite word. So you would rather jump rental gear than bring your own. Doesn't seem like a good decision to me, but I'm not the DZO. I wouldn't take your money after reading this thread.

GO get laid. Now. Your venom is unwarranted and serves the OP no purpose other than ridicule. People go on trips all the time and rent gear (which the DZO may encourage since its a form of revenue stream) all the time. I was thinking of going to Spaceland next week if I get my doctor's release and will need to do a full recurrency. I might rent some gear from Steve... Is that alright with you? :S

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Ok let me start over folks. I need a jump and some pussy. Size 8 or less would be good.:D

The original poster may find that bringing his own gear on a plane is no big deal. Sometimes when people get hurt or die it is thought to be because of borrowed gear.

I would suggest bringing his own gear for several other reasons, but I thought his reason was because he couldn't be bothered by bringing his gear.

Strange dz. Strange gear. Strange people in Utah;)
Yea let's take the strange gear out of the equation for best results.

Put the rig in a garbage bag and carry it on. How hard is that?

I get the assumption that I was being lazy. I could read the same thing into my first post. Why I clarified instead of just hiding.

I understand red flags and how they quickly amount to my own personal article in Parachutist and my very own thread started by someone other than me.

I do appreciate the concern since we have issues in the sport with jumpers being stupid and making bad decisions.

Thank you. Look forward to meeting some friendly folks.

SOME friendly folks? I dont wanna ruin your hopes but theres only a few friendly folks an a lot of ASSHOLES!!!!:D

I haven't been to Toole's (jack's) DZ but I've been to Ogden.
Great DZ with lots of talent.

(Don't forget iFly utah)
My photos

My Videos

I won't be out on Friday but Brian the DZO has great rental gear as it turns over fairly fast so it is nearly new depending on what you jump. There should be several guys to jump with no matter your discipline you will just have to speak up :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

As everyone else has said, talk to Brian. They have a good selection of rental gear for a small dz. They have varying hours from day to day. Best place to check is their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skydive-Ogden/113387715370015

Also hit up the iFly tunnel in Ogden while you are there. They have some great freefly coaches.

Lazy was a polite word. So you would rather jump rental gear than bring your own. Doesn't seem like a good decision to me, but I'm not the DZO. I wouldn't take your money after reading this thread.

Harsch!B|

Our DZ at Kapowsin has great rental gear. I've jumped it many times if I had a tight turn on an AFF load. It's all good stuff and fits my bod quite nicely. B|
And the handles all seem to work the same as my regular rig. :P

I didn't really scope out the rental gear last time I jumped in Ogden, but Brian Wallace runs a first class operation. I'm sure his rental gear ain't crap. :)