KevinMcGuire

coolest grooviest binding tool ever

This little baby can be picked up at just about any auto parts store for just a couple of bucks. I think its some kind of gasket puller. I find it to be the best shaped tool for manipulating binding tape that I have ever used.
There are many other types of tools that work well such as a small phillips head screw driver that has bee ground down to a point then bent with a slight angle to the tip. Or you can use a dental pick and I've even seen some operators use seam rippers
Tomorrow I'll post a tutorial on how to bind a square cut on the inside of a piece of material. Again for those who care I hope this helps
Kevin

no doubt the dental pick is a very good chioce and it is well used by many profesionals but I have found them a bit difficult to find. I have used the dental pick while working at various manufactures facililitys thourgh out the years and found them to be very good choice, but personnaly, I prefer the gasket tool.
The key is to find that tool that works the best for you.
I have also seen great operators use the cypres screwdriver with excellent results, but is had been my experience that it takes a great operator to use a less than great tool and still achieve nice results

no doubt the dental pick is a very good chioce and it is well used by many profesionals but I have found them a bit difficult to find. I have used the dental pick while working at various manufactures facililitys thourgh out the years and found them to be very good choice, but personnaly, I prefer the gasket tool.
The key is to find that tool that works the best for you.
I have also seen great operators use the cypres screwdriver with excellent results, but is had been my experience that it takes a great operator to use a less than great tool and still achieve nice results

They are easy to find, you just have to go to the Denist!:$:P Maybe thats why I only have the one.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals