bkoch

Skydiving is...

Lately I have taken note that skydiving is occupying a massive amount of my finite money, at least one day a week is spent at a dropzone if the weather is good, and skydiving is on my mind all the time throughout the day.

I get a lot of meaning out of skydiving personally/spiritually. To me, it is more than just a hobby. It has changed my perspective on life. I've had to quit skydiving in the past because of money, but I keep coming back, again and again. I hope I never have to quit again. I am jumping more now than I ever have, making 12 - 15 jumps a month. I am planning my budget around it now.

Just wondered what role skydiving played in other people's lives.

Brad

well....i waited to do some seriously overdue maintenace on my truck untill the weather turned crappy. i was out in the rain today pressing out ball joints>:(. i have only been jumping since August and already have all but dropped everything i ever had fun doing before. some may say that it is a 'new jumper phase' . i dont think it is. in the last few months i have totally changed some priorities around to spend as much time and money to better myself in the air. My gut tells me i will be a part of this sport for a long time.

Alex(from hollister;))
what!?

I started aff in late november and since then i have spent every possible weekend at the dz............

Every possible weekend well since i work in the oil industry i work 7 days on and 7 days off so 3 out of my seven days off are spent at the dz

This has taken a huge toll on my current relationship and my friendships with non skydivers but i cant pull myself away i have never been so commited to something :P

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

Skydiving is:
Skydiving is something
Different to us all
But we're in the same boat Same effect from the fall
We have similar dreams
And that strong urge to fly
And we can all shed a tear
When we look up in the sky
The times that we had
The friends we have lost
We keep telling ourselves
It's well worth the cost
So we're living the dream
And there's no other way
To get what we get
When we play like we play
Blah bla blah

Skydiving is:

Skydiving is something
Different to us all
But we're in the same boat Same effect from the fall

We have similar dreams
And that strong urge to fly
And we can all shed a tear
When we look up in the sky

The times that we had
The friends we have lost
We keep telling ourselves
It's well worth the cost

So we're living the dream
And there's no other way
To get what we get
When we play like we play

Blah bla blah

Don't quit your day job!:P

A newbie myself, I have yet to get over the surreal feeling I get everytime I jump. Each time it just gets better and better. I love the atmosphere of my local dz, the people, the sport and sometimes I can't even believe how lucky I am to have found something that I love so much. I hope everyone finds something in their life that they can be as passionate about.
What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.

A passion, bordering on madness. It's the 800 lb gorilla in the living room of my life.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It is just a hobby and nothing more, the most important things in my life are Todd and the kids, and right now skydiving is taking a backseat to all of them. Don't get me wrong skydiving is fun but there are more important things that should come first in your life and if then you have time and funds to jump then go for it.

I've done less than 15 jumps so far, and here's my perspective:

Skydiving is exciting and fun and lovely. It's something I never thought I could do. I think about it all the time and am so glad I pushed myself to try it. It's wonderful...

...except on the mornings when I drive to the drop zone. Then suddenly it seems scary and crazy and something I have no business participating in...

...once I'm out the door and stable it seems cool again.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.