abyzet

Student CYPRES limitations

You can get a student cypres to fire under a Manta if you push it hard enough. However, normal student maneuvers (90 degree turns to land) will likely not cause trouble.

i'm sure that would require manuevers that a student would most defenatly not do: crank the toggle to feet, front riser spirals(large amount of strengh would be required for that) etc etc

that sounds exactly like what a student would do, they dont know any better.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

we go by wing-loading and some common sense. Our Student gear ranges from 190 up to 288. All depends on student size and how switched on they are. Plus we can start downsizing them during AFF when they are ready so when they are done with student status they will be comfortable jumping the rental gear that we have for them.

I guess what you are saying is that every student that does AFF should be jumping a 280, even the 95 pound little girl????? doesn't make sense

Uh, guys?

Watching someone with 200 jumps argue with someone who has 125 jumps over who has more experience with students is like watching two student pilots argue over who has more experience in air to air combat.

You are so right, Bill. I can't believe I got sucked into that. It was as stupid as it was pointless.

My apologies.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA