nigel99

Skydiving gear

B|

I have finally put together ALL of the equipment that I wanted as personal gear for jumping. Can't wait to arrive in my new home and to get using it now.

Teardrop container, 170 Tempo Reserve, Sabre 170 and Vigil - whole system 10 years old but with less than 100 jumps on it:)
FF1 helmet with cutaway and chin-cup for when the obligatory Go-pro is added.

Solo 2 audible, wrist mounted Viso 2 digital and chest pillow Galaxy altimeters. Two visible alti's because while I like some of what a digital offers, I don't fully trust electronics and software (I design the stuff - I know how much can go wrong:o).

Regardless I am happy as Larry.

Congrats :)

I despise go pros. A snag waiting to happen in my opinion. Lots of young jumpers without the necessary experience and skill to fly camera get one because they can. No sir, I don't like 'em.

But to each their own.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Congrats :)

I despise go pros. A snag waiting to happen in my opinion. Lots of young jumpers without the necessary experience and skill to fly camera get one because they can. No sir, I don't like 'em.

But to each their own.

First pretty sure Mutombo was joking. I tend to agree with you. I don't think many people put proper consideration in. You will see that I have a cutaway system on my helmet. When I get a GoPro snag hazards will be appropriately considered and dealt with.

First pretty sure Mutombo was joking.

i was :)
(sorry if it came off as remotely serious)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

as opposed to physically present and serious?:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

as opposed to physically present and serious?:P

exactly.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.