skymama

Forget the NFL, who's excited about College Football?

Sanders was the best RB ever to put on cleats.

I would have to agree. And look out, his son, Barry Sanders Jr, will be picking the college of his choice by signing day, if not sooner. If I had to bet, I think he's going to Oklahoma State like his dad did, even though he did show some interest in Alabama last winter/spring. That's okay, we won't need him. The cupboard is full. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyone see the Notre Dame/FSU game last night? FSU had quite an impressive comeback to win! B|

No I didn't, but I did watch the 4th quarter of the Alamo Bowl between Baylor and Washington. Holy fuck! They broke quite a few records! :o 67-56??? All in regulation??? over 1300 total yards??? Daaaaamn.... Baylor even had three players go over 100 yards rushing each, and Robert Griffin III wasn't one of them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I forgot that the Under Armour All American High School football game was on TV tonight so I tuned in late in the 3rd quarter. Just in time to see 5 star recruit Cyrus Jones of Baltimore, MD announce his commitment to Alabama! And also saw Alabama commit Amari Cooper (the top wide receiver in Florida) take a punt return 92 yards for a TD! He also had a 75 yard TD catch earlier.

The shocker was 5 star recruit Landon Collins from the New Orleans area announce his commitment to Alabama! Damn! You should have seen his mom sitting next to him. She was not happy. The whole family are LSU fans. Sure, a verbal commitment is just that, verbal and non-binding, but that was still a shocker. Collins' girlfriend is going to Alabama, so that may have been a factor, but you also can't deny Saban's ability to develop defensive backs into NFL caliber talent on an annual basis.

Signing Day is February 1. Alabama's 2012 class is ranked #1 by Rivals and ESPNU and #2 by Scout, just mere points behind Texas. So close that one more commitment will send Alabama past them.

Monday night's game is gonna be fucking huge. I can't wait. :)

Tyrann Mathieu is a cocksucker who is going to find out real quick you don't mess with opposing players' mothers.

But anyway, thanks for the locker room material. Rest assured, Bama will be looking for your number, BITCH! >:(

7:53 left in the game when LSU finally crossed mid-field and soon after LSU gives up the ball on a 4th down attempt. There is still 6:00 minutes remaining in the game, but put a fork in them. 'Bama's defense is just too much for LSU tonight. The fat lady sings for the Tide this evening.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Dude, I never would have dreamed that Alabama would dominate LSU like that. 21-0! Okay I wasn't happy about the 5 FGs but the kicker did a lot better job this time than the first game. And it was great to see Trent Richardson get the TD near the end!

Unbelievable effort by Alabama's defense. And the offense really opened it up with all the passes on first down.

Total domination baby!!!

HEY TIGERS!! HEY TIGERS!! WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!! RAMMER JAMMER YELLOWHAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA!!!

Oh and yeah, FUCK YOU Lee Corso! :D:D:D

Boooring game either way.
Those were NOT the same teams we saw during the season.

Hats off to the Tide tho. (more so if you honestly consider that an ass kick - cause it wasn't).

Take another half season off, then play a game.

WTF college ball?

Hats off to the Tide tho. (more so if you honestly consider that an ass kick - cause it wasn't).

Sure looked like one to me.

I love it when favorites get their asses handed to them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Bama came to play and the Tigers didn't. Heck, I don't know what the Tigers were doing! :S

Oh well, game over. At least there's the Summer Olympics to watch before next season's college ball games.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I thought for sure that LSU was going to put up a better fight than that. I thought it was going to be just like the first game...and it was somewhat...but not quite.

I was disappointed in the LSU QB losing his cool and making all those "WTF are YOU doing?" faces at his team mates.
But then again, I was wondering the same thing..."Come on guys! WTF are you doing?"

IMO, the Bama D front 4 won the game.
The LSU O-line lost it.

Normiss: Well, it wasn't so much boring for me. I enjoyed the game for the most part. Since I'm a Gator, I didn't really care who won deep down and I was torn between two lovers pulling for either of them because of friends on both sides having their preferences. I chewed my nails off thinking, "LSU is going to start their come-back any minute now...um, any minute now.....ummmmm...."

Tebow would have torn either one of them a new butt.
:D:D:P

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It would have been more exciting if either team was actually scoring touchdowns. That game was more like watching a boring soccer game! :ph34r:

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It would have been more exciting if either team was actually scoring touchdowns. That game was more like watching a boring soccer game! :ph34r:

This brings something to light. No one appreciates a good defensive game anymore. If it's not a damned basketball score, people aren't happy.

:S

No one appreciates a good defensive game anymore. If it's not a damned basketball score, people aren't happy.

:S

Agreed here.
I had always opposed rule changes to favor offensive scoring.

Kinda like NASL creating a closer line for offsides calls.
Purists would have kept it a midfield like the rest of the world.

More like boring stuff, both sides.
We got the boring rematch people wanted.
zzzzzzzzzz

Trust me, it would not have been boring for you guys if the score had been reversed.

:P

Suck it! B|

It WAS an old fashioned beat down. Just look at the stats. And Alabama should have won the first time too, but they played a conservative game-plan then and it bit them.

This time they busted their asses in the film room studying everything LSU did, and knew what to do on defense. It showed. Big time. 21-0 baby! A goose egg! B|B|B|

Trust me, it would not have been boring for you guys if the score had been reversed.

I still would have been bored with only field goals being scored for our team and the other team not being able to make it past midfield. Then again, I'm not a diehard fan who really gets into the actual game of football, I just like cheering for my school. I'm not even sure which NFL teams are still playing!

Then again, I'm not a diehard fan who really gets into the actual game of football,

Except when it comes to Gator baiting.
:D:D

I'm not even sure which NFL teams are still playing!

I'm pretty sure you know when the Broncos play.
:P:P:P:P:P

I'm pretty sure you know when the Broncos play.

If I was to follow any NFL team, it'd be the Dolphins. So, no, I have no idea when the Broncos play.

I don't care who wins this game one way or another, but I gotta ask, who the fuck names their team after a food poisoning?

Mess with the Crimson Tide, you're gonna die.
I can see a relevance there.
:D:D

I'm questioning:
GameCocks? (South Carolina)
HorneyFrogs? (Texas Christian University )
Beavers? (California Institute of Technology)
AuntEaters? (University of California-Irvine
Rainbow Wahine? (University of Hawaii women)

I mean...come ON!

Oh...and my all-time favorite..

Banana Slugs (University of California-Santa Cruz )

Hmmmm...I'm starting to see a pattern here....