kallend

Green Bay

I'm a Seahawks fan. I don't know what it's like to win a SuperBowl. [:/]

:D

B| I'm a Buffalo Bills fan...:|

I Sure DO know what it's like to LOSE a Super Bowl..[:/]

As for the Packers,,, during the Lombardi, Hornung, Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer years, when a pro was lucky to make 60 grand a YEAR, instead of 60 grand for ONE half of a game!!!,
Football was played for Pride and for ones' Teammates and for Bragging rights... AND it was done with a quiet reserved Dignity.....
Now it's a lot about posturing and prancing and all kinds of theatrics mostly for the cameras,,,, and for one's Own ego....
lots of things have changed,,[:/] and the mighty DO fall....
All but One team, of those who get INTO the playoffs... WILL lose their last game of the season !!!

Good luck to them ALL, for next season

jmy

Football was played for Pride and for ones' Teammates and for Bragging rights... AND it was done with a quiet reserved Dignity.....
Now it's a lot about posturing and prancing and all kinds of theatrics mostly for the cameras,,,, and for one's Own ego....

No argument jimmy, but remember...who we idolize is a reflection of society.

Most professional sports these days is nothing more than 'show business'... with the main goal of selling soap during the commercials.

The NFL sees that their commercial target markets applaud the 'hot-dogging' so it's not discouraged...however like with when Jimmy Mac was QB for the Bears and wore a sponsor headband..if the league doesn't see $$ they come down on it. :ph34r:

A buddy I played college ball with went on to play 11 years with the Bears, he said the hardest part of the transition to 'pro' was the constant interruption of the 'flow of play' due to the commercial breaks...play hard for a few sets of downs and then stand around for a minute or two. . .but on the other hand, it's How & WHY they make the big Ducks! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think it's a few big egos making the most noise.

Most linemen lead fairly quiet lives yet they are the engine of the team.

Plus they don't tend to live too long after their career ends. :P

The '85 Bears... That was a good year!

They sure kicked the Pats A$$ is the Super Bowl that year. :D

That loss, and the loss to Green Bay in 98', made the the Pats 3, soon to be 4, Superbowl victories that much sweeter.B|

---------------------------------------------
What are you talking about? You DO realize that the cryptonite for the patriots..the Giants (no I do not like the giants either)...yeah theyre still in the playoffs...dont count your chickens yet homey.

They got screwed in their only appearance by the officials. [:/]

And we still haven't forgotten/forgiven that one. >:(

There WILL be a next time.B|

Dude, I was pissed too. Shaun Alexander was having the time of his life as a Seahawk. I wanted him to win as a former Alabama Crimson Tider. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban