goobersnuftda

Something you should all look at and consider

I've stared a -tongue in cheek- on line petition for people like us. The reason for starting this is that I am a victim of such an incident and though there are times that I feel my life is but as a warning to others, maybe I can make a difference in the world and make it a better place for all of us.

Let's see how far this goes :)
Clicky

It's pretty easy to just unfriend people that get married.

Though I do agree with your comment, in my particular case it is not friends but rather family. Not direct close family but just far enough down the tree that if I were to stand my ground and assert my authority with my wife, it would be a very lonely patch of land that I would be claiming :)

It's pretty easy to just unfriend people that get married.

Though I do agree with your comment, in my particular case it is not friends but rather family. Not direct close family but just far enough down the tree that if I were to stand my ground and assert my authority with my wife, it would be a very lonely patch of land that I would be claiming :)

Responses to Calvin19's comments may only be made by his friends.

:P

.... stand my ground and assert my authority with my wife, it would be a very lonely patch of land that I would be claiming :)

Maybe I should have stated my full case more clearly. I've been married for over a decade now. Christmas was on a Thursday, married on the Saturday. Everyone had the holiday season off on that weekend without using up vacation time. Family was home for Christmas anyways and everything was great with an indoor event (-30 outside), catered meal and full bar. More holiday festivities inside where everyone wanted to be anyways.

Now that the other half of the family tree has been combined, there are many branches where family members think it is OK to get married on a July weekend. Spend a day traveling to get there, the event day, the next day to travel back. Not cool and in no way possible to get out of unless I don't want to see another decade of marriage :)

PS for those smart people who came to our wedding, the day after Christmas was all the boxing day specials. Some pretty good kick ass prices on some awesome wedding gifts were had.

Having a wedding on or around a holiday is like saying "I don't care if you had plans, my life is more important than yours." One thing people who are getting married forget is that other people tend to make travel plans around holidays well in advance. You are guilty of the exact thing you are complaining about. I may be a little bitter. There was a 4th of July wedding not too long ago where, I shit you not, the couple decided to stretch out the activities an extra day because everyone had vacation anyway.