SkymonkeyONE

PUB!!

"Unable to connect to server"

Exactly. While I love the forums and the way they work, the live chat technology on here leaves a lot to be desired. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, the live chat was something that pretty much died along the wayside, links to it should probably be removed. Man I wish we had a developer here again that could get a new layout done and fix up a lot of this old stuff at the same time. Live chat these days, with IMs and FB is pretty much dead.

If there was a demand for it, I'm pretty sure I could setup another IRC chat room in place of the pub in a few seconds though. Well, 'fix the pub' as it were.

Sangiro wasn't in today but soon as I find out where this chat file is located on the server I'll fix it up.

Cool deal. :)
We had some legendary chat nights when GirlFallDown was the host. :D:D:D[:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Holy years ago! The first thing I did on this post was check when it was posted, expecting 6+ years ago. :D Wednesday nights did used to be pretty funny. Has anyone resumed the duty of randomly booting people?

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Has anyone resumed the duty of randomly booting people?

I'll gladly be that person! :)

Should have access to the file in the next day or so, and should be back up and running soon.

Just for info, we use an IRC chat client through the page. These chat rooms can also be accessed via programs like mIRC. www.mirc.com - Download, install, connect to server irc.esper.net and join the channel #dropzone - That will be the new server details for the chat.

Damn n00b... I thought you guys meant a real pub :(. I was in for some drinks

Nah they're all sober as judges in there not a drop passes their lips :D:D and pub is a British term though you guys used bars:S, next you will be sipping tea in Boston :P:D:D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Holy years ago! The first thing I did on this post was check when it was posted, expecting 6+ years ago. :D Wednesday nights did used to be pretty funny. Has anyone resumed the duty of randomly booting people?

Blues,
Dave

That's EXACTLY what I did! And I miss GirlFallDown hosting us, too!
Hopefully, it will be up and running soon, and I can lurk and live vicariously through all of you drunken bastards again!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Okay guys, I've taken a look at the old chat app and it really was old, and as such it needed to be exchanged for another chat application. They are both embedded IRC clients, but the new one should be a better chat platform. With that said, it has a banner ad on it from the provider of the client, so even if you're a premium member here you'll see an ad on the chat app. But I figure it's better than having a broken chat application sitting there that doesn't work.

Feel free to give it a try, located in the usual spot: http://www.dropzone.com/pub/

Simply click on the chat, enter your dropzone.com username and connect. It will then take you to the dropzone chat channel.

So for those of you missing the chat, hopefully this helps.