Squeak

I'm not a car guy

Hi Squesk

I'm not a car guy either.

But the US and cuba have been in a pissing contest since castro took over cuba which resulted in a embargo for about 60 yr's.

We can't get Cuban cigars and they can't get U.S. car parts, among other things.

I suspect When everyone make nice there will be a run of car collectors from the US to cuba to buy up alll the vintage US cars that have been help together for decades using all kinds of home made methods.

I think the car bodies will look like the one in your video. The engines OTOH might beB|

R.

One Jump Wonder

We can't get Cuban cigars and they can't get U.S. car parts, among other things.

Luckily for them, car parts aren't made in the US anymore...

Unluckily for us, Cuban cigars are still made in cuba...

EDIT: Since some probably won't get it, that's a joke.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think the car bodies will look like the one in your video. The engines OTOH might beB|

R.

engines running in a special way, but running. That is what makes the interest.
There are Cuban Harley Davidson's running with russian tractor pistons :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

At first I thought for sure the guy was faking the patina, which is the highest degree of douche-bag. Not that I'm even into patina all that much, but to fake it is just absurd, like buying jeans with holes already in place.

Not faking patina, +1 for the guy.

Then he starts talking about a dye code for an old Hermes briefcase that was custom made for JFK, and the douche-bag meter starts to tick again.

Getting too excited about Hermes anything, -1.

Now he startes talking about the running gear, and that it's not a track car, but it's a 'sleeper' and nobody will ever see you coming. So he's buildign sleepers, but never 'wakes them up' in any part of the video. No burnouts, no exhaust note, no full throttle anything.

Douche-bag, -1.

So he talks about 'over restoring' a car, and not wanting to use it, and then turns around and builds other cars that he doesn't want to use for other reasons (careful, that's original pantina, ya know).

Now I'm not a 'chopper' guy, but I have to give credit to Jesse James. Back when he had his TV show, there was nothing that came out of, or even close to, his shop that he wouldn't take out in the street and beat on it for the cameras. Burn outs, fish tailing, full throttle, almost wrecking it, good-times. His bike, customer bike, his cars, customer cars, friends cars, whatever. At least he was willing to 'put up, or shut up'.

Again, not a fan of the guy, but in that sense he was right on the money, and I'm pretty sure Hermes had nothing to do with any of it.