jtval

Opinions please: a song I wrote

I wrote this song years ago. I finally got around to recording it on a decent recording program (thanks to my neighbor, Johnny). I also took the photos in this video on 20/21 Feb 2012. I had to take something like 4000 pictures to create the time lapse video. I hope you enjoy. BTW- The song is called Lisa's lullaby because I played the rudimentary version of this about 15 years ago for my niece when she was a baby.
My photos

My Videos

Funny because as I was driving into work tonight I heard this on the radio.

http://www.onthemedia.org/2012/feb/17/how-music-conveys-emotion/

I like the piece you wrote. I really do.

Small tweaks to make your video better;

1) Redo the credits with any other font; even Helvetica. Comic Sans (or whatever slight variation this might be) is not for this piece.

2) Blow up your middle piece of footage to match the 16 by 9 ratio of the rest of it. 4x3 video is today, what black and white footage was when I was a kid. It identifies the footage as being "old" even if in reality it's not.

3) It looks as if you left the exposure floating rather than locked down on the time lapse and because of that there is a slight but perceptible flicker to it as each frame is a slightly different exposure than the previous one. I don't know what video tools you have in your arsenal, but consider tossing a frame blend on top of the time lapse. Just a little bit. It could help smooth it out and make it look just a wee bit more awesome.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Twardo, two thumbs up...what?:D
Thanks for the comment.

Quade,
Thanks.
I just watched the vid. Im not sure why the middle piece was 4:3. Kinda odd.

I did lock the AV value. I was going to try to pull out those few pictures but I figured it was too much work.:D

I'll check out the frame blend. I didnt go crazy. I used Imovie to edit the movie and I used my neighbors Cubase to edit the music.

Thanks for the comment. I'll have to polish it up.

My photos

My Videos

Once you tweak it, you should post it to the Vimeo site. They have a whole section devoted to time lapse and it's all about the creative, as opposed to YouTube which, sadly is a morass of "look at me! look at me!"
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thanks Again. I started watching the vimeo timelapses.
Pretty amazing stuff on there.

I'm going to use premiere or final cut to put that video together. the 4:3 aspect IS annoying. I am still confused as to why it shows as such.
I took all the photos with the same two cameras and edited down with Photoshop equally. Then, I used Imovie to just drop and play. Oh, well, gives me something to do today at work, I guess.
My photos

My Videos

So, between takes of recording the "lisa's lullaby" I goofed around and recorded Nutshell (by AIC)acoustically. one track (vox and guitar)

I've been listening to it. I LOVE the way my guitar sounds.

issues
1-My voice is a little loud but I can't mix it down due to it being on one track.
2- I didnt play with a metronome so, the tempo isnt locked.
3-its 150 Mb so I can't upload it here.

I will be doing some recording tonight-monday.
I think I may go buy an acoustic bass and do this cover tune.
I'll keep you posted.
My photos

My Videos