Jumpdude

Act of Valor Movie

So Clapping, cheering, standing, and saluting are all silly because it is a movie.

I hardly understand why someone would do such pointless things but that's due to cultural differences, I guess. Saluting a bundle of light projected on a screen is just too.... unpragmatic for my taste, I guess.

So Clapping, cheering, standing, and saluting are all silly because it is a movie.

I hardly understand why someone would do such pointless things but that's due to cultural differences, I guess. Saluting a bundle of light projected on a screen is just too.... unpragmatic for my taste, I guess.

Eh, what ever, I work in the field and they spend big money trying to figure out what "connects" with folks. Those visual and audio ques are made a note of and if they don't get what they want, they make a call to the editor and they edit. Then the next City, new version, more research, once they get what they are after, they wait for the money.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Because it's a MOVIE. The list you gave are actual real events that are happening that you're supporting, not fictional movies.

So is it cheesy to laugh at a movie? How about if they cry, but remain sitting - is that cheesy? What about people who cheer when a good guy gets the bad guy, or the hero gets the girl? Is it only the act of standing up that makes it cheesy? And if so, why is standing up so essential to your definition of cheesy?

I'm sorry, but standing and saluting a funeral in a military movie is just silly to me. There is a million different military movies with funeral scenes, do they salute at each one?

See message #25.

So when you watch movies you're just like a robot, and are never moved by emotions, or feel any twinges of grief, excitement, sympathy or joy? And if so, what's the point in going?

While I do feel emotions while watching movies it doesn't motivate that kind of behaviour in me. That's probably because we're rather introvert an reserved as a people. You might google the phrase "cultural differences" before you damn this topic any further to SC hell.

Because it's a MOVIE. The list you gave are actual real events that are happening that you're supporting, not fictional movies.

So is it cheesy to laugh at a movie? How about if they cry, but remain sitting - is that cheesy? What about people who cheer when a good guy gets the bad guy, or the hero gets the girl? Is it only the act of standing up that makes it cheesy? And if so, why is standing up so essential to your definition of cheesy?

I'm sorry, but standing and saluting a funeral in a military movie is just silly to me. There is a million different military movies with funeral scenes, do they salute at each one?

See message #25.

I feel emotions during movies but I don't stand up and cheer when I'm watching a football movie, sing the star spangled banner watching a baseball movie, or do air guitar during a band scene...

Because it's a MOVIE.

The list you gave are actual real events that are happening that you're supporting, not fictional movies.

Even though I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if it would be appropriate or accepted, I stood at attention and I saluted! Say or think what you want, I am damn proud I did! I ain't apologizing to anyone!

No one is asking you to apologize.

I know, the point is that I am ex-military, but since I only did a 3 year term, 84 to 87, and did not see any action other that training in the field, I do not want, deserve nor expect any recognition from anyone, BUT, I do have the highest possible respect for those who did fight and especially those who gave their lives for us.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It's a MOVIE..... It's not REAL..... It's not a real dead person..... It's FAKE.....

You want to get teary eyed.... Go ahead...:S.[/crazy]

Stand up and act like it's real..... I'm gonna tell you to sit the fuck down....;)

Of course it is a movie, if you get happy, sad, teary eyed, excited or pissed off, the Director, Editor, Writer and Producer did their job. If you stand up, it is a showing of respect, like clapping.

Not directed at "Killer"

Unbelievable, the guy sees a movie, says he likes it mentions an event and all the arm chair warriors only complain.
:S

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!