shropshire

Any other barefoot runners out there?

If that makes your eyes water don't look at Newtons! Owch!!! I run a bit and will be starting with barefoot running soon. Let us know how it goes Tony, and break in to it gently mate.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

maybe you should look into vibram five-fingers..

only nerds would want to see your hairy hobbit-feet!

:D:D:D:D:D

Oy knob 'ead - get back to the smoking, drinking and sitting on your arse threads

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

maybe you should look into vibram five-fingers..

only nerds would want to see your hairy hobbit-feet!

:D:D:D:D:D

Oy knob 'ead - get back to the smoking, drinking and sitting on your arse threads

'ow about u realizin' 'tis a skydivn'-forum, and get your JUMPING on - and i dont mean jumping your missus! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I've just started (after reading Born to Run) - Haven't don much - a couple of miles yesterday (in the meadow) and covered 7 today (running and walking) on tarmac.

I've bought some thin sole runners (plimsolls/daps) for running on dodgy surfaces and for winter but WONT EVER wear Vibram toes shoes (look gay and are putting more money into the shoe manufactures tills that they don't deserve!!) - also saw some 'Gloves' from Merrell and they're chuffing expensive too (£85!!! WTF?)- more corporate greed/band-waggoning!!

I'll let you know how I get on over the next few months....

I run in Merrell Gloves (and wear them almost everywhere else as well). They're worth the cost for me. It was impossible to find shoes with a sole the same thickness from heal to toe, and there's no way I'd run barefoot in Korea (Shit roads, no grass, debris everywhere, just not safe IMO).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the journey :)

Cheers - I'll make do with my Plimsolls for now and run barefoot on the nice track I have and through the meadows - but 'debris' is an issue here to.

Speaking of debris, I see barefoot runners in Manhattan pretty often these days. Not only can you get debris in your feet from running on the street and sidewalks, you can also get parasites and infections from the schmutz. Nasty!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Calves are tight this morning:)

Oh, yeah! After not running properly for years, my calves were weak and it took some time to get back up to 6 miles.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I do all of my running in minimalist shoes, with some occasional barefoot strides at the track. It eliminated the problems I was having with plantar fasciitis and with Illo-tibial band syndrome. I run mostly on trails where I don't think barefoot is really an option. Had a couple of great runs this weekend from the DZ, found some horse trails up in the mountains and hit those.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

It is a nice fad. Everybody is running barefoot in shoes, while complaining about how marketing led to them wearing running shoes.

I do enjoy the irony.

It is a bit ironic. A real plus for me, though, is that I buy flats on closeout. Last time I had to order I paid less than $40 per pair, can't remember exactly. Since there is little or no padding to wear out I don't have to replace them every 400 miles. My last pair I got ~2500 miles out of and I am well over 1000 on the current pair. I toss them when the upper rips away from the sole.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Well I bit the bullet and ordered some new runners (They've just arrived)...

I went for the Mizuno Wave Musha 2 - which are Zero lift and as light as a feva. (good price too £48 down from £60)

I'll go out in them this evening and give them a blast

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Vibram toes shoes (look gay and are putting more money into the shoe manufactures tills that they don't deserve!!) - also saw some 'Gloves' from Merrell and they're chuffing expensive too (£85!!! WTF?)- more corporate greed/band-waggoning!!

over here VFF's and Merrell's are around 200CHF, which is around 220 USD/160£ . So Can I get pairs from your side of the channel please ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Just don't be a pussy and take it slow and easy in those minimalist shoes (or even better barefoot).

It is a lot more natural, so go hard and far.

Did you just call me a pussy? Well, you are what you eat ... and right now you're being a dick.

PS: Seriously though, I did take it slow and easy but as my runs got longer I began to develop blisters so I bought a pair of those socks.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch